Quote Originally Posted by Dano77 View Post
Sooooo your upset about haveing to have the rules the car complys with, with you at the track?

Or are you upset about the 79-85 RX7 not being moved to ITB. When was that member request???????
It was discussed years ago, when I was on the ITAC, and I'd talked to every IT7 guy I could about it, from New Hampshire to Atlanta and lots of places in between, and nobody ever made a good case for the move.

So, in internal discussion, it never went anywhere.
The core issue is that the Process would treat it equally in ITB as it does in ITA. People forget that, thinking it's doing ITB times, essentially, so it would be a good ITB fit.
But in actual practice, the ITAC will do the math, and it will gain a few hundred pounds. (XXX whp x ITB factor plus minus adders...same as ITA, except for the factor)
And be on 6" rims.
So, its really a waste of time.
Why sell all the rims and tires, just to maintain the same lack of competitiveness?

Even IF the weight stayed the same, the rim switch would be expensive and would affect performance. And IF the weight remained constant (which would mean a change in Process inputs) why couldn't that change be applied to ITA instead, saving the swapping of tires??

(The ITAC showed no interest or any flexibility beyond what they had done at the last adjustment in terms of Process changes when I was on board. I of course submitted my numbers, but other 'senior' member said he had heard higher numbers, so those were used. As an owner of the car, it would be improper of me to debate excessively or campaign for things too much. I presented my info, and thats all I could do.
To some degree I fear that the cheating guys that have come before have put performance numbers up that are impossible to achieve legally. I know I've raced hard against guys and been eeked out going down the straight, just to have them later admit that the engine was ported. So changing perceptions is tough. We get what we sow)

I'm unaware of any recent official request to move it.
Chip?