Thread: Contact impound

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Who keeps the little black book? Who has access to it's data?
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    It's not about busy work, but forcing people to be more accountable.
    So by making people write down how they think the other guy caused contact is being more accountable?

You don't need to make a gentleman and good driver "more accountable", they already are....because they're gentleman (no offense intended ladies). And forcing a "multiple offender" to fill out a form surely isn't going to make them care about not causing more crashes. The "accountability" in question shouldn't be in the physical writing of the form, but in the (potential) action that is taken after it is written. That's all I'm sayin'.

I just want to make sure that the forms get filed away and put to good use, not just scribbled down and tossed.

In regard to the cool off period, how do you make sure that the driver comes back and actually fills it out?
    '77 Mazda RX-3
    NER SCCA E-Prod

[QUOTE=team-gpracing;342888

In regard to the cool off period, how do you make sure that the driver comes back and actually fills it out?[/QUOTE]

Electronic Ankle bracelet!
    Jerry
    NER South

As far as a cool off time! If a guys pissed he's gonna go find the other driver asap. Would it not be better to have that happen where it could be monitored?
    Jerry
    NER South

Quote Originally Posted by ner88 View Post
    As far as a cool off time! If a guys pissed he's gonna go find the other driver asap. Would it not be better to have that happen where it could be monitored?
    And we could charge admission for the really good exchanges.

Seriously -- Having observed and facilitated these discussions, I think this is a great idea. Any info received should be used by the Chief Steward and the Chairman of the SOM to monitor trends. If anything is serious enough to require action, then it should be taken immediately. If someone is spending more time filling out reports than driving on the track, then it might be time for both the competitors and the official to write paper on that individual. And maybe suggest a new hobby for them.

I do like the idea of the simpler form.
    Jason Benagh
    Steward - NER SCCA
    ITB 1995 VW Golf

[taking it a bit far]
    How's this?

first time contact = check box form
    second time to fill out form= full written description form
    third time= full written description of incident, AND signed by the person/people you contacted
    fourth time = have the guy you contacted fill out the form for you, you sign it.
    fifth time = write it in blood
    [/too far]

IMO, if something is actually done with the forms regarding a filing system and referring back to the files, something will be done in short time.
    My first thought is the stewards are going to get tired of missing the free beer while waiting on the same few people to fill out the forms every race. they will then either stop doing the forms completely (sorry, mandated by GCR.. have to do your job!), or they will do something about the repeat offenders so they will no longer have to spend their afternoons in detention with the ruffians.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinglizard View Post
    Who keeps the little black book? Who has access to it's data?
    I believe it is a steward only thing, and not sure who keeps the "master".
    Kyle C
    #69 ITA Honda CRX
    Glen Region Timing & Scoring Chief