Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro-IT at NJMP with Grand-Am

Quote Originally Posted by dtanthon View Post

Go to the TreadZone website and see the rules for the 2012 TreadZone contingency program.
    I didn't see anything special for our series, is it just the normal contingency?

They also still have not posted a 2012 schedule (shows 2011) I was going to email them but I was wondering if anyone else already has?

Kirk, I am guessing we all use hoosiers so I guess if we earn points we will be able to put it towards trailer tires... I am going to stay positive since I am guessing they are supporting the series monetarily through the region.

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    ... Kirk, I am guessing we all use hoosiers so I guess if we earn points we will be able to put it towards trailer tires... I am going to stay positive since I am guessing they are supporting the series monetarily through the region.

Stephen
    You haven't read the contingency program rules apparently...

K

I just did... ouch. Better than nothing, but still... Couple of creative twists, but it ain't no manufacturer's contingency.
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

What's the skinny on tire support at this race? Any news from Treadzone? How about Smarty?
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Smarty will be at this event.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Good
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Default Aim

Anyone attendiing using Aim data system? I need training on using system!!
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

clarification question about crew members. Reading the sups it is my understanding that crew members must arrive and register during the specified registration times (7:30-9am sat and sun) beyond these times they would have to by a general admission ticket?

is this correct? just making sure that i clearly communicate to my crew when they need to arrive.

Thanks!
    Wes
    29 ITS

Quote Originally Posted by monsterbronco View Post
    clarification question about crew members. Reading the sups it is my understanding that crew members must arrive and register during the specified registration times (7:30-9am sat and sun) beyond these times they would have to by a general admission ticket?

is this correct? just making sure that i clearly communicate to my crew when they need to arrive.

Thanks!
    I also wanted to ask for some clarification... We get 6 "crew member passes" for free according to the entry. Does the region pay for or negotiate that number of "free" passes or does the region pay for the number of "crew" passes that are redeemed? If the passes are already paid for by the region do you think we should try and recruit new potential SCCA members by offering them to people we may think could become members? This is obviously a big weekend that could attract new members...

Stephen

I'm out
    Chris Rallo "the kid"

Stephen - South and North Jersey will have people at this event to attract membership. Crew spots for a pro event work a little different than a pure SCCA event. I'll explain when I see you.

Chris - What's up?
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

DA, thank you for asking! I am low on $$

smarter to work the weekend instead I think.
    Chris Rallo "the kid"

Wes

Those are the registration hours on Sat and Sun. There is also Pro IT registration on Thursday evening (4:00 PM - 9:00 PM) and Friday morning (7:00 AM - 10:00 AM). Unlike club weekends, the track will not allow a person to simply sign a waiver and come into the paddock without a ticket. If there is a problem or special consideration contact Val for alternatives.

Terry

Terry, are we going to be able to get into paddock Thursday prior to registration? I'm assuming We are still headed for W6-7-8 and someone will be there to park us. thanks T Weaver
    Last edited by tdw6974; 05-02-2012 at 06:58 AM.

Terry,

Thanks for clearing that up! No special considerations needed just wanted to make sure I was able to give clear direction to my crew members.

Wes
    Wes
    29 ITS

Tom

are we going to be able to get into paddock Thursday prior to registration? I'm assuming We are still headed for W6-7-8 and someone will be there to park us
    Unfortunately our participants must go through our Registration at the Main Gate before entering the property. This is the NJMP procedure for spectator events which is understandably tighter than our normal Club events. I confirmed this policy in our conference call this afternoon. Val will have Registration open from 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM on Thursday.

There has been a small change in our Paddock location. We still have the same parts of W6 and W7; instead of a part of W8, we now have all of W1. We will give everybody a revised paddock map when they register. There will be someone available to help with parking.

See ya at the races

Terry

Uh-oh.

I see us doing our own version of the Oklahoma Land Rush at 4pm; besides backing traffic up all the way to Dividing Creek Road.
    Rob Foley
    Race: ITB '87 CRX Si
    Autocross: GP '86 Civic Si

I am sick with a nasty cold and torn up my knee playing soccer on Monday (I am getting old). This means I won't go upstate this weekend and I won't be able to finish the car in time for NJMP. I am afraid I need to cancel have fun ya'll!
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

I have an extra hotel room at the Econo Lodge. I think it's about a half hour from the track, but it's probably the only room available within an hour drive. I was about to cancel it, but figured I would open the opportunity to transfer the reservation to one of my competitors who may be looking for a place to stay.

There has been some recent cancellations and the entry list is now at 60 cars, two less than our maximum. Registration has been reopened to fill these openings.

Terry
    Last edited by Terry Hanushek; 05-06-2012 at 02:15 PM.