Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
Once again motorsportreg makes money.... I cant believe SCCA couldnt figure it out on their own.

Stephen

Edit... i cant believe SCCA is paying motorsportreg for a site when they easily could have made one. I also meant nothing against the registration folks. I was at this event and they were a pleasure to deal with.
It is completely possible for the host region to set the event up in a manner where there is NO fee charged by MSR, but you would not be able to pay with a credit card or on-line checking info. Buccaneer & South Carolina Regions do this all the time to save on the MSR fees, and I have no idea if people are staying away from their events because they're required to bring checks or cash to the Registration window.

Here in Atlanta Region we feel the convenience (and processing fee) of being able to use a credit card brings in more racers than we'd lose by requiring checks or cash at the window, but of course we have no way of accurately measuring that. We've discussed the idea of offering a "cash discount" of something on the order of $25 but haven't implemented that option yet.

Bottom line, how things get set up in MSR (and what it costs) is up to the host region.

And no, I don't work for MSR but I very much like the flexibility their product gives us in setting up our events plus their quick response when we hit challenges - particularly compared to the other options out there.