With all due respect Jeff, and while I respect your position, it seems a bit backwards to me. On one hand, you say you don't assume the old weights are correct, and seemed to be POOMA'd if they don't follow the 15/20/25/30/35 progression, but on the other hand, you want someone else to initiate the re-process. The way I read the ITAC Ops Manual, it's an ITAC member that goes to the committee w/ a case as to why "Known Horsepower" should be used over "Published Horsepower". It's not something that's initiated by a member request.

The 1.8 8v VW weights don't follow the "Published Horsepower" process, and there seems to be no documentation that supports why a weight was apparently set via the "Known Horsepower" process. It would seem that no knowledge of those cars should be required. At best, it's a letter saying nothing more than "Please re-process the 1.8 8v VW's".

And at the risk of stirring up more old mud, I believe that's the way the Audi's should have been handled.

One of the things that I really applaud Josh, you, and the rest of the ITAC for is the high standard you set for using "Known Horsepower" over "Published Horsepower". It goes a long way to eliminate the infiltration of shenanigans. The way I see it, if you don't have the supporting evidence, as well as the confidence of the ITAC, you are required to set the weight based on "Published Horsepower". That should apply to every car in the ITCS.