I have no problem taking a time to learn a system. I'm actually pretty good at figuring out how to use computer stuff. What I don't want is something that is going to take me all season to figure out, or is so technical that I never get the full benefit from the system.
I don't want an $1,800 shift light. And I don't want to be running to anyone else to do it for me either. Probably because I am a skirt (thank you Rob D for that one.. ) but I think I would probably prefer something that is showing me where on the track I am at when I am gaining or losing time as opposed to a graph, or a bunch of "squiggly lines".
I actually don't care all that much about the video part. It would be cool, but my interest lies in the data; entrance and exit speeds, G forces, braking points, acceleration points, and if available, line on the racetrack.
Can the DL1 be set up to show you that easily? Or would I need a programming degree? And what about the installation? Is it a 'drop and go' system with minimal wiring?