Thread: Data Aquisition - What do you use?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by StephF View Post
    What about the Traqmate? How does it compare to the DL-1?
    Best thing going for Traqmate is the video integration they have with ChaseCam. Other than that you'll find the software very easy initially but then as you get used to it I think you'll find it's lacking depth. RT has a multi camera solid state recorder coming out next month that pairs up with the DL1.

The DL1 software is not hard, just some of the NE guys have gotten lazy because Greg is always around to do it for them.

However I will say that if your not willing to spend a couple hours learning software, there is no data aquisition system that is right for you. Get a video overlay system with no software analysis component (for example, http://www.racereye.com/) and just watch tapes; however that is limiting as well because you miss out on the best part of the analysis. Not trying to be rude, just honest -- see Jim's comment about his $1800 shift light. Like anything worth doing, you have to put some time into it regardless of the brand you use.

I have "quick start guide" and "dl1 example" documents posted as PDFs on my website. They are from the previous v6 software and I need to remake them for the current v7.

If you want some sample data to look at, just email me. When I first started with data acquisition I tried every system I could get my hands on and have tried others since -- that's how I ended up primarily using/coaching/selling/supporting the DL1. The software is the key to whatever system you buy and there's no reason you shouldn't try it before you buy it.

For events that I'm at I offer a rental (with rental fee applicable to after event purchase) so you can fully try it before you buy it.

Edit: You NE guys should take Andy up on his offer, I would help out with that if I was local. If nothing else, it will give you guys something to do over winter.
    Last edited by jlucas; 01-03-2009 at 02:38 PM.
    Jeremy Lucas
    Fast Tech Limited