Thread: So when is a wing legal in IT?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    From whatever is German for "anti-aircraft fire." Flugzeugkriegsomedamnedthingie"
    Ding! German word, "Fliegerabwehrkanonen", or 'airplane anti-cannon.' Allies shortened it to "flak".

I'm watching this debate, seems to be some reasonable explanations. I suspect we're victims of historical revision, if not outright desire to change the rules. Gotta wonder if there's some loopholes in there that I can take advantage of, that I've ignored in the past due to my "baggage"...

Might be wrong as I have taken it for granted for a long time, but to me "offered for sale in the United States" would include any and all factory options that were "offered for sale." If you could check the box, pay your money and get it from the factory, for me anyway, the words (and what I understand the intent to be) of the rule are satisfied.

Interesting question though.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Gotta wonder if there's some loopholes in there that I can take advantage of, that I've ignored in the past due to my "baggage"...
    Live by the sword, die by the sword so to speak. You ol'timers seem to have huge amounts of knowledge between them ears, at the same time it has been a long time since many of you have actually read the rule book

I am sure a look with a fresh set of eyes will result in some type of improved package....perhaps you shouldn't read it and just go with what you remember.

A few years ago I raced in FV, there were a couple of fast ol' farts who were racing FV when I was born (1968). That was a bunch of knowledge and accumulation of good heads, manifolds and carbs stacked in their favor. Thankfully, most of them picked up a rule book in some time. They weren't aware of a few subtle changes over the years...until the FV section of the rules received a total rewrite...