Continued from the previous post, since I am apparently too long-winded...

----------------------------------------------------

The basis for my appeal:
I am basing my appeal on several issues.
1) Nowhere in GCR section 6.11.1 is there a mention that malicious intent is a requirement for a violation. Drivers are simply held responsible for handling their cars in a safe manner and avoiding contact. Mr. Kean’s intent is irrelevant. A decision should be based on the facts of the incident, and not the intent where none is required.
2) No action was taken by the Operating Steward or Chief Steward due to the on-course contact (obviously, this is the basis of my protest, but I do not feel that I should’ve needed to file a protest when the actual occurrence of contact, and the actions leading up to the contact, were not debated by either party).
3) No action was taken against Mr. Kean for leaving the track while a protest was underway, and as far as I could tell, no investigation was performed about this issue.
4) A decision was not rendered in absentia, as set forth in GCR section 8.2.
5) This event was a one-day sanction, with a separate sanction used for the Sunday event. This, I believe, makes it even more important that the protest be handled prior to the conclusion of the applicable event.
Overall, I feel that the Stewards at this event did not uphold the regulations set forth within the GCR. I am appealing on this basis.
I can be reached at (removed phone #) or (removed email address) if you need any further information.