Stupid question but:

How much of a performance difference is there between 6" to 7" wheels with the same size tires? Example 14x6 with 205/55 or 14x7 with 205/55. Has there been a test to see if there is an advantage and if so will it make a noticeable difference with lets say a mid-pack car that run constantly in 10th to 11th place. How many position will that person gain?

My car just got move to ITB this year, and like alot of other driver's out there I bitched about having to buy new wheels and the weight I had to add. But the rules are what they are. I read earlier in this thread about someone saying about changing the rules for selfish reasons, because they have to buy new wheels is not a reason. If the reason is it might make them more competitive and have closer racing then that might make a difference. But will that be fair for the other driver's that is running the 6" wheel. How do we balance the playing field for all of us. We all try to find the grey areas in the rules in this sport. Most, if not all of us are pretty gentlemenly about the rules, policing each other, and we all want to win. But if it's going to make for closer racing and there is not a distinct advantage for that one or two cars, why not allow that type of car to run that size wheel. Not all of us want to drive the same car.

Just to clarify I not bitching about what I had to do to my car to make it legal for this season. I'm just questioning how much gain/difference the wheel size will have on the racing