Thread: Lrp 2013

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Lrp 2013

Well, I finnaly got available dates from Lime Rock.
    Looks like NER will be holding our regional on June 21 & 22 and the NARRCoff will be on September 20&21.
    Because of multiple conflicts these are the only dates that will work!
    So, my question to you is, the NER regional format:
    We have been running a drivers school/single qualifying schedule on Friday and two regional races on Saturday.
    Would no drivers school and two qualifying/test sessions be more desirable on Friday?
    Jerry
    NER South

Can we offer a second driver's school at NHMS? Or would we be stuck with only one driver's school this year? And if the latter, is that necessarily a bad thing?

I think it is more important to make it easy for new drivers to join ... keep the driver's school

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

One of the factors to note is that Jersey has added a school in recent years JUST before the NER one at NHMS. So if you needed 2 schools, you could be done by May 1.

Food for thought.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

And, as I recall, Summit has one nearby that timeframe as well...and then there's the one at Watkins Glen in the Fall...

The 2-day limit at LRP really screws with trying to run multiple events there.

Would be tough to lose the one drivers school at LRP for folks who live close to the track(big audience in CT/NY) and might want to rent/or tow cars to their first drivers school close to home. The other issue is NH weather earlier in the spring for a drivers school at NHMS.

Running with the school and the regional can be a little confusing, but in the past, I've used it as a test day when I'm also running the regional. It is never advertised as a test day, but I've always been welcomed to participate. I think I've run that school a total of 3 or 4 times.

On the other hand, a double regional wouldn't be a bad idea, so long as the entry fee isn't through the roof.

Both NJMP and Summit have requested drivers schools on March 23&24???

Last year we (NER) had 6 cars at NHMS and 23 at LRP, these schools were only 2 weeks apart. LRP is closed wheel only and NHMS had 1 open wheel car....
    Would the LRP students have been more likely to go to NHMS earlier, if we didn't have the LRP school??? How many were new/unlicensed students?
    We can't add a second school group to the LRP event and still run qualifying.

Also, keep in mind, SCCA offers new alternative schools for those who have some experience.
    Jerry
    NER South

Quote Originally Posted by ner88 View Post
    Would no drivers school and two qualifying/test sessions be more desirable on Friday?
    Yes.
    Stephen

"more track time"
    40 minutes of qualifying and 30 minutes of racing or 15 minutes of qualifying and two 20 minute races? I'd take more racing.

It's silly for us(NER) to put on PDX's (we have tried) there is too much compition and events in this area for us to try and compete. Besides these guys do a good job at it!
    Yes, I know I've said this often but partner with some of those companies that host PDXs. There's a gap between getting into racing and w2w SCCA.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Doncha just love silly season?
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Funk View Post
    Doncha just love silly season?
    AND....it's only November!
    Jerry
    NER South

Quote Originally Posted by 1stgen View Post
    Your problem is its clearly YOUR baby right? (NER) then why did I have three instructors at my lime rock school who I've known and driven with for 15 years? I'm talking about all your mohud instructors...another point, you DON'T ask people to volunteer. You take the ball and try to run with it, I WILL GLADLY step up and help. I've been instructing hpde's for 9 years. I only decided to go race because some of the IT crowd bugged meto come race...I did and I won my class in the series, First year out...took me almost 10 years to come race with you guys and now I'm already ready to leave and go to NASA or run with BMW even, they allow any marquee to run with them. You know how they do it? They get the newly licensed and good performi g Drivers to take over and carry the the torch as they say. None of you have even spoken to me since I've been licensed with you......h mmmmmmmmmm I'm no rocket scientist but how the hell do I or we know you want the help? Or do you only want YOUR NER members? Stop with the elitist attitude and cater to the goddamn students. Yes I said it again, with out them this club will NO LONGER EXIST
    BTW some of the attitude from the NER crowd is why people think of NER as the elitist group....auto-x and road racing.
    This is regional, entry level, club racing, so yes again...cater to students so you have a future.
    And how much was gas in 98? It's time to get up to date with WHO your clientele is and how far they'll tow to do a race school. 400-700 miles from their home in this economy is Again just not smart economically. You want young new drivers....they're going to NASA because they offer a school at every event they have pretty much. So get acclimated to your customers so you don't scare them all away. Had I not already been an SCCA member for 13 yeas prior to getting licensed....guess who I would have gone with?
    You know what....this is a public forum. You asked for opinions on the race school, guess what? You got some and the majority of people say is it really that difficult to have that damn race school? I've said a million times I will gladly help out but again you guys have the attitude that you know what's right and were not going to hear what your saying. I'm telling you what's happening out there. I've instructed for those afformentioned clubs for years and have been volunteering my time and money for over a decade with them. I never raced because it IS difficult to get the car ready, prepped for a full day with no repairs, all your supplies, spares etc....by yourself? Get real, you all had help along the way and you need to go back to being a noob and realize it isn't easy to do all that and get your shit in order and travel to the event. ALL of you I'm sure had help your first school and or race weekend. ALOT of people don't have that luxury....how about this....stop posting on a public forum if you don't want opinions expressed that arent your own.
    Well...looks like it's off season again.
    By the way. I really take offense to your tone and remarks. Really. I had a reply written that contained a couple of f-bombs, but you know...you just aren't worth it.
    I welcome a school mixed in with a race weekend AS LONG AS IT MAKES SENSE ECONOMICALLY. Because, NER IS writing the check: not Mohud. And NER is writing the check with dues from its elitist members. You know, the stupid ones who *gasp* tow to another track for a school.
    People disagreed with you. Get over it.
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

YEAH, What she said!!!!!!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by StephF View Post
    Well...looks like it's off season again.
    By the way. I really take offense to your tone and remarks. Really. I had a reply written that contained a couple of f-bombs, but you know...you just aren't worth it.
    I welcome a school mixed in with a race weekend AS LONG AS IT MAKES SENSE ECONOMICALLY. Because, NER IS writing the check: not Mohud. And NER is writing the check with dues from its elitist members. You know, the stupid ones who *gasp* tow to another track for a school.
    People disagreed with you. Get over it.
    Again it's never gonna make sense economically if you don't find a better way to incorporate a school with your race series. That's the horse...get it? Now do it , and. Mohud does a pdx, it most likely made or broke even money. Re structure your model, it's old.
    #72 ITE Scirocco
    NARRC ITE champion 2011

It should be noted that in addition to the possible drivers schools at NHMS and LRP, there are four other drivers schools on the preliminary 2013 schedule at Summit Point, NJMP, Pittsburgh and Watkins Glen. Given the current level of demand and alternative licensing methods, these schools should be able to provide adequate opportunities for new drivers. We have gotten well beyond the 'every region and every track must run a drivers school' protocol.

Terry

Again it's never gonna make sense economically if you don't find a better way to incorporate a school with your race series. That's the horse...get it? Now do it , and. Mohud does a pdx, it most likely made or broke even money. Re structure your model, it's old.
    We have schools. New England, unlike other regions, had two of them. Other regions had one or none.
    That's been made amply clear here.
    We have a school at NHMS.
    Why don't you volunteer to instruct there? Oh, wait, that's right, you don't want your free track time at NHMS, you want it at LRP.
    Because, after all, you are graciously volunteering to instruct at LRP only.
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"