Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: STx in DI Pro IT

Default STx in DI Pro IT

I'm thinking of asking the series administrator to consider opening the DI Pro IT series to STU and STL cars next year. Any thoughts?
    Anthony
    STU Porsche 944T
    ITB Volvo 142 (in the making)

I don't think its a good idea... Its ProIT, not ProST :/ SM fits because its such a similar ruleset. ST is a whole 'nother ball of wax...

Ntm The car counts in ProIT do NOT seem to need help(in the NE) so it would only dilute the competition.

If you want to double dip, most places have an ITE/U/O that would work.

That said, its not a bad thought and kudos for putting it out there!

Lots more to say but I'll keep it simple.
    Last edited by CRallo; 12-01-2010 at 11:13 PM.
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Hi guys,
    I am new on the forums, however I will put my 2-cents in. I think this will be a disaster for ITS and ITR. Lots of these STU cars are very fast on the straight aways and slower around turns, this would hold up the ITS/ITR group. I believe it would lower enrollment in ITS/ITR and overall hurt the series

I think it's a good question. I'm not familiar w/ the series operator, but IMHO, it's all about the health of the series. If the car counts are low in a venue, the welcome gate typically gets opened. (Reference the Mid Ohio IT Fest, now featuring non-IT cars to help pay the track bills.)
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

Car counts are not low.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Don't do it!

If you want hire car counts then do a split start Pro-it and Pro-sm. Just remember we already have to qualify to race at lime rock...

Stephen

Only thing I heard so far for sure for 2011 is changing the finish points, there will be a cap on those. Once we get things finalized they will be published on www.ProITSeries.com.

We are still working on the schedule. Did hear maybe split starts, a competition yellow to bunch the field at 20 minute mark and only count x of y races toward championship. Also had a request to use the pro course at Lime Rock (but no National at LRP in 2011 so we may not go there in 2011?!?!). All under discussion.

Pro IT Series Awards - January 22 at SJR party (includes Pro IT and NJRRS awards) at NJMP Officiers Club. Registration is on www.DLBRacing.com.

Feel free to update your profile on www.ProITSeries.com.
    Last edited by dtanthon; 12-02-2010 at 09:40 AM.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

If STL is included I'll participate, but if you're already filling the fields I see no value in it for the series. - GA

I appreciate the suggestion running ST in Pro IT but I think it wouldn't be much fun. The top STU cars are putting down 300hp to the wheels - not really IT performance...
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

I want the name of the person who wants to use the pro course at Lime Rock. So I can beat them with a stick. LOL

Who the heck would want to wreck a good flowing track? Ugh.

I bet the Team Di Pro OT could get a run group during a Regional at LRP. I know I would double dip there.
    Andy Bettencourt

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Who the heck would want to wreck a good Miata track? Ugh.
    Fixxored.

I agree with Andy, who would want to run the other course at limerock. This would def. take away from enrollment. Alot of people do not like the optional course

LOL - you got that one Greg! Sure ain't a big HP track. Maybe crapping up the flow will jam up AB :-)

sorta sounds like it could constipate him...
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by thedude12 View Post
    ...who would want to run the other course at limerock.
    Me. Don't you have any interest in trying something new? It's hard to take "a lot of people's" opinions on the matter since as far as I know other than ALMS drivers no one's raced it that way...

Throw in some spice once in a while, try something new.

Just sayin'.

GA

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Me. Don't you have any interest in trying something new? It's hard to take "a lot of people's" opinions on the matter since as far as I know other than ALMS drivers no one's raced it that way...

Throw in some spice once in a while, try something new.

Just sayin'.

GA
    I'll do you one better, lets set up cones all the way down the front straight and let's make half of it an autox. And according to you, EVERY track is a Miata track!!! Let's put a couple more bus-stops at Pocono...

The Club @ LRP has run it and I have not heard any good feedback. There is a difference between adding spice to enhance flavor and wrecking the meal. I bet you would have a ton of people NOT go if that was the format. It's an afterthought design intended to keep uber-fast cars slow and safe.
    Last edited by Andy Bettencourt; 12-02-2010 at 10:15 AM.
    Andy Bettencourt

You're being silly, Andy. But it is your primary (almost exclusive) track...

Spice it up, we need more than the Missionary Position at Lime Rock. If Pro-IT runs the "pro" course, I'll probably rent a car to drive it.

GA

You're being silly, Andy. But it is your primary (almost exclusive) track...
    Which of course is totally not true. And I think the suggestion we run the Pro course is just as silly.

Spice it up, we need more than the Missionary Position at Lime Rock. If Pro-IT runs the "pro" course, I'll probably rent a car to drive it.

GA
    We 'need' it? Really? For the entry they get out of you, they lose mine. Does it intrigue me? Sure, and there is no doubt those who are fast there now will be fast in any config but no feedback I have read or heard isn't dissappointed in how it wrecks the experience. BUT - maybe there is a ton of guys looking to try something new at LRP, and I would be dead wrong on what drivers want...I think it's more about race format than track format.
    Last edited by Andy Bettencourt; 12-02-2010 at 10:31 AM.
    Andy Bettencourt

Uncle, Andy; you obviously feel very strongly about this. I'll stop pissing in your pool...

Uncle, Andy; you obviously feel very strongly about this. I'll stop pissing in your pool...
    Actually no, the more I think about it, the more I am just projecting the feedback I have heard about a configuration I have never driven - and I suppose that is not fair.

So. lets drive it. The only issue I bet it creates is some false equality at the downhill because nobody will have to lift and it'll take some skill out of it.
    Andy Bettencourt

Holy thread jack batman!

should we rename this the "Input/Discussion for the 2011 ProIT Series"?
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"