Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro IT Race - WGI - July 24-25, 2010

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Pro IT Race - WGI - July 24-25, 2010

Pro IT Series Round 5 in conjunction with the
    2010 July Sprints Regional (NYSRRC / double NARRC)

Registration is open on www.NeSCCA.com

7/24-25/2010

Hosted by the Glen Region at Watkins Glen International

Saturday - Qualifying
    Sunday - First race of the day

Sanction Number - 10-R-1167-S (IT)
    Supps
    Count
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Signed up - car and driver won't be too competitive but it will be so much fun :026:
    Astrophysathingy / goaheadtakethewheel.com
    99 Civic SI #9 WDCR ITS/STL
    93 Corolla / 97 PDX Miata

23 days till the event and we have 26 cars entered. Going to be a great race!

I even see Tim K. registered, fast Acura, back from robbing the rich and giving to the poor, we need to hear some stories about Robin Hood. By the way Tim, I'm poor.

Send me a PM (darrell at darrellanthony dot com) if you have not received your prize checks. All have been mailed. Check under www.NJRRS.com under Pro IT Series Points for your points and funds won. We will have the points updated on ProITSeries.com shortly, Matt Rooke of Propel Web Design is training the Administrator (me) how to update that on the Pro IT site.

Look for the NJMP race in August to be posted soon on DLBRacing.com.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by dtanthon View Post
    23 days till the event and we have 26 cars entered. Going to be a great race!

I even see Tim K. registered, fast Acura, back from robbing the rich and giving to the poor, we need to hear some stories about Robin Hood. By the way Tim, I'm poor.

Send me a PM (darrell at darrellanthony dot com) if you have not received your prize checks. All have been mailed. Check under www.NJRRS.com under Pro IT Series Points for your points and funds won. We will have the points updated on ProITSeries.com shortly, Matt Rooke of Propel Web Design is training the Administrator (me) how to update that on the Pro IT site.

Look for the NJMP race in August to be posted soon on DLBRacing.com.
    Leaving the The Band Of Merry Men (and Woman) and coming back to my roots. Taking a hiatus from trees, telephone poles, boulders and potholes - the rally world - might need some help getting reaquainted - can"t wait. Hoping to bring some loot Darrell - KLEER Trim Board Lumber T's., this years new rally sponsor - best I can do.

I'm feelin' the love already.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

A little OT, sorry. Do they allow dogs at WGI?
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Default Pooches at the Glen

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    Yes Leashed under control, Clean up etc Owner assumes all liability. T W
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    not if they are named Jeff... and especially not if they are named Joe!
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

x
    Last edited by hondaman321; 07-26-2010 at 08:33 PM. Reason: two posts

Andy you make great points. I guess the bar being raised is a good thing and it will keep things competitive. If the autotechnik guys went to ITR, what is the weight difference from the current class. Breualt and Nimkoff along with ben are really putting on a show out there in ITR and i am sure your s2000 will add to the mix. top 323's should be running with the top e36's, I do not know much about the e46 or s2000 or porsche 968, just that the e36 seemed to get the bad end of the stick. But you make a very good point
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by hondaman321 View Post
    top 323's should be running with the top e36's
    Why do you say this? The E36 weighs 215lbs less, has more tire and more HP. I can't fathom the reasoning.

As to the rest, ITR is a huge guess for us all. That is one of the great things about this class IMHO. You want a real treat? Lets have Kip VS come up here in his 944S2. Just because we haven't seen it yet, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Nothing I have seen has shown me that the top dog on paper is anything but the E36. The rest of us are using that as a bogey.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Why do you say this? The E36 weighs 215lbs less, has more tire and more HP. I can't fathom the reasoning.

As to the rest, ITR is a huge guess for us all. That is one of the great things about this class IMHO. You want a real treat? Lets have Kip VS come up here in his 944S2. Just because we haven't seen it yet, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Nothing I have seen has shown me that the top dog on paper is anything but the E36. The rest of us are using that as a bogey.

NO offense to anyone running in ITR, but....let's have Kip VS call Blake or Sunbelt and get himself a motor, and put his effort into an E36 in ITR, and bring it up. What say you ITR guys? Doe the thought of that make you nervous?

Hondaman, (Ben? Ben who?) I'm with Andy on this.

I've considered ITR hard. I keep coming back to the E36 - a car that I KNOW can make 220 WHP, handles pretty well, and weighs 2765. Nearly 300 less than the S2000. On the same tires/wheels. (or nearly the same).

Now the S2000, I've researched too, and I'm thinking that it's going to make 230 or so at the wheels. For it to equal the E36, it needs 240. (strictly speaking lbs/whp).

If Costello is going 2:14.1 in a T3 car, (within 20lbs of the ITR car)well, then we know the ITR record hasn't really 'gotten there' yet.

I bought a Porsche 944S to build into an ITR car, when I found one for a steal. When I really looked into it, research showed it could make nearly process power. But the cost. ugggg. While any car costs a lot to build into a front running racer, it's scary to do when the numbers suggest you'll be behind the 8 ball compared to other choices. If the Porsche had been a cheap build, it would have been worth the gamble if the $$ was reasonable. Kip told me what he's gone through, and the $. I'm glad it's him, not me. He's done well with the car, but, I still wonder where he'd be if he had chosen another route.

The RX8 is another consideration. 212whp, but, 2850lbs. And transmissions that go down like french whores. So, 8 hp less than an E36, and 100 lbs more. Pass.

And after all that, if lb/hp are equal, development is equal, drivers are equal, the lighter car handles better, is kinder to components and tires, and is often the winner. So, I've yet to have anyone convince me the E36 isn't the best choice.

(Andy likes the E46, too, but I haven't seen the real poop numbers on that so I can't say)

We haven't seen a top ITR car yet, sorry to say guys,
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    ...let's have Kip VS call Blake or Sunbelt and get himself a motor, and put his effort into an E36 in ITR, and bring it up....

Yes we have...but prior to '05 or so we called them "ITS".

GA

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post

GA
    When they didn't have to build to 10/10ths to win...
    Andy Bettencourt

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post

GA
    So they weren't full ITR builds, were they? Subtract weight, add 20% tire....= go slower? Should be faster, right?
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Don't know if I fully agree Jake. I think Dan Jones's car is pretty close....Stickley power etc. And I think Nimkoff's car is pretty close...Motec etc. Are they Kip's, no...but I'd be careful about holding a single 944 data point as the gold standard. In either case Rob and Dan haven't left much on the table.

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bro View Post
    Don't know if I fully agree Jake. I think Dan Jones's car is pretty close....Stickley power etc. And I think Nimkoff's car is pretty close...Motec etc. Are they Kip's, no...but I'd be careful about holding a single 944 data point as the gold standard. In either case Rob and Dan haven't left much on the table.

R
    So we take Dan out of it because he admits to a soft motor even when he set the record. Nimkoff's car is wicked for sure - and it shows at his home track where he runs in hallowed ground...:59's. Data is everywhere you want to find it!

Again, the bottom line here is that ITR is full of cars that can win - and do around here. E36's, 968's, 944S2's, S2000's...not to mention stuff nobody talks about. I bet a full-tilt E30 M3 would rock Lime Rock at 2650lbs!

I don't see any real overdogs in ITR, and that is what the real debate is about here. I would love to see Sunbelt build a 3.0 Supra motor however....
    Andy Bettencourt

I bought a Porsche 944S to build into an ITR car, when I found one for a steal. When I really looked into it, research showed it could make nearly process power. But the cost. ugggg. While any car costs a lot to build into a front running racer, it's scary to do when the numbers suggest you'll be behind the 8 ball compared to other choices. If the Porsche had been a cheap build, it would have been worth the gamble if the $$ was reasonable. Kip told me what he's gone through, and the $. I'm glad it's him, not me. He's done well with the car, but, I still wonder where he'd be if he had chosen another route.
    I agree. BMW's can draw from a vast pool of accumulated knowledge. Hardly anyone in the Porsche performance community bothers with the S2 anymore. After a complete .040 rebuilt that ran into serious $$ our S2 is so down on RWP compared to the e36's, its no wonder we were 3-4 sec off the pace. By the way, I'd love to know what Kip has done to his motor.
    Anthony
    STU Porsche 944T
    ITB Volvo 142 (in the making)

Here's a little Vid from Pro IT Qualifier - Had a problem with the camera for the Reional - Steve Wheeler - if you have video I would love to see it. Enjoy!
    http://www.vimeo.com/13691433

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

ok, I will add my video link to the bunch .... I had a BLAST racing with John Stewart
    (#41 ITR Red E36) and Ann Lamport-Hammite (#1 ITR Red E30)
    thanks to both of you for the fun!!!

http://vimeo.com/lawtonglenn

I may not have had the best race, but I'm competing for the best quality video

If you have older equipment and it looks choppy, click on the "HD off"
    button to the right of the screen...PS...FULL SCREEN looks great!

The video had to be split into two parts to meet the 1GB limit, so
    the first 10 laps are up now, and laps 11-19 (including the rain)
    will be up later this afternnon....it is uploading now.

Last edited by lawtonglenn; 07-28-2010 at 01:26 PM.

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

That is some really, really good video... clear, good sound, can see the rear mirror. i love the passes that take 3 corners. Good stuff.
    Brad
    Brad
    1995 Mazda Miata (aka Black Betty)