Thread: IT National? Anyone else have this experience at a driver's meeting this year?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post

And I think this is important for you and the other ITAC members to act accordingly. I could see in some places on this thread it appeared as if the ITAC highly supported the concept and would go for it despite the membership. I'm not saying that was going to happen for sure, but it felt like that at some points in the dicussion.

Thanks,
    Ron
    If that's in response to my drilling, it's a mistaken perception. It's my pedantic nature coming through but you can COUNT on me to force discussions, in hopes that those involved will get to the real bases of their concerns, and so misconceptions can be surfaced. I learned a lot from this discussion re: inherent biases and assumptions of some of the arguments involved - considerations that would never have surfaced if first-version cases had been taken at face value.

For example, I learned that while it's popularly held that "SM going National" increased budgets of those running at the front of the class, there's no shared understanding of HOW that worked. That's something that needs to be addressed in this discussion somehow...

K

EDIT - ...but equally, it bears repeating that it is NOT safe to assume that everything will be AOK, as long as the ITAC simply does what IT drivers say they want.
    Last edited by Knestis; 05-06-2008 at 01:35 PM.