Quote Originally Posted by mc-integra111 View Post
To be fair, Tech did suggest the bondo solution (I don't like bondo as a fix) as an alternative. The executive also was willing to waive the notation for the rest of the year if I wanted to race with SCCA before year's end.

I don't like doing bodywork, so I would take this to someone else to fix. Plus, even with the proper paint code, I have a lot of trouble matching my 18 year old faded metallic paint. I have the money to fix this, so its not even a question of if I can or not, but I would rather give the money to SCCA for entry than a body shop.
See, this is a bit different than your original post.

As for body work, I don't LIKE doing a lot of things to my car...rear bearings, trans work, etc, but you have to do those things to race..it's all part of the game.

Bondo? Hey, if you don't like it, oh well, your call. But matching paint??? Now you have me. On one hand you really don't care about the car being all wonky with rust coming through, but on the other you are saying it's too difficult to match the paint to your satisfaction?

Ummm....

Just take the option to fix it over the winter, and move on. Ask your local paint guy for some advise and take a bodywork plunge, and the pride in your work will show on the car and in your driving. Or have a local shop do it during slow times, perhaps for partial trade for on car advertisement.

Remember, you're the head mechanic, driver, accountant, tow rig operator, bodywork guy, chassis engineer and bottlewasher of your race "team". And sometimes cleaning bottles sucks. Oh well, it's part of the game.