Thread: Suspension Airbags

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Load equalizing hitch will raise back of truck to compensate for tongue weight and still give you a good ride.
    Chuck Baader
    White EP BMW M-Techniq
    I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by chuck baader View Post
    Load equalizing hitch will raise back of truck to compensate for tongue weight and still give you a good ride.
    I have a similar Ram and agree on the rear suspension. I went with the above and has worked well so far.

Just thought I would update. I did go to the Timbrens website and check it out. Yes, what was discussed above was basically a bigger bump stop. I had some e-mail back and forth from eTrailer tech. They recommended another Timbren product. I dont have the link at the moment but it is like a rubber puck that fits between the springs. It's supposed to improve handling as well as "some" additional load leveling capacity when towing. Tried them out on a three hour each way trip and I am very happy with them. I cant say if it helps handling (although I am going to get them for the front which I think will help the handling) but the bouncing when towing was MUCH better. I am very happy with the product and it was easy to install (15 minutes or so?) I like a very stiff ride in my trucks so I may throw some good shocks back there is well. I think it's a great solution for coil springs without going full air bag.
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place