Thread: Question regarding rules for wheel width on an IT car in solo FSP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Matt93SE View Post
    ITE is generally an 'open' class for cars prepped to IT (or better) safety standards but may not fit anywhere else. So I guess you could run whatever wheel you wanted and claim "it's legal that way in ITE!"

That said, what's the wheel size limit in FSP? does it work with the car to run that and then they shouldn't complain one way or the other?
    Thanks for the reply. Wheel sizes are unrestricted in Street Prepared, but the car is prepared for IT and I can't mix the two sets.

As it sits now, if it doesn't meet the IT rules it would end up in G Prepared. In order to comply with the Street Prepared rules I'd have to change a lot, like add an interior, change the driver seat, etc.

Technically it does not conform to the IT rules since I took the door panels off (I primarily race in the local NASA-X and I took them off to save weight, and that does not incur any class points), but it's a simple matter to put them back on. The local region doesn't really care but they are encouraging me to compete at a national event and I'm sure someone there will care, particularly if I beat them
    Last edited by Andy69; 08-28-2014 at 11:15 AM.