Thread: The demise of ITR at WDC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    1. ITS/ITB/ITC/SS -- Most of the ITB cars lose at least one lap currently, many lose two. If you place the few ITR cars in this run group, you have what is regularly the largest ITB field in the nation losing three or more laps per race. As for the ITC cars, they would likely encounter the same speed differential to the ITR cars as the ITR cars have with GT1 cars.
    2. ITA/IT7/SRX7/T3 -- You will have approx. 20 ITA cars losing at least one lap, and if past history is an indicator, at least 15 will lose two laps per race.
    3. BB -- the three current ITR cars would lose, at most, one lap and would be running in run group with far less density than the other two.
    I would be shocked if the ITR cars started lapping the ITS cars. I just don't see that happening but I may be wrong.

I have always been a big fan of timed races rather than laps. We all pay the same entry fee and entry fees go towards rent of the track which in turn is based on time not laps. I see no reason an ITB car gets more track time than a GT1 car. This has never and probably will never make sense to me.

Just my .02 I would love to run summit maybe someday we can get a large enough feild to make it worth the trip... or maybe I will just bring the old Audi down and play in B

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post

I have always been a big fan of timed races rather than laps. We all pay the same entry fee and entry fees go towards rent of the track which in turn is based on time not laps. I see no reason an ITB car gets more track time than a GT1 car. This has never and probably will never make sense to me.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

Quote Originally Posted by RedMisted View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    I have raced in ITB for 11 years and the entire time I felt this way... even though I was in one of the slowest classes and would get the least amount of laps on any given weekend...

Stephen