Quote Originally Posted by smbstyle View Post
I'm about to delete that first picture i posted, i should have waited until I cut it to the appropriate length of the weights... jeebus. It will be no different than a long bolt when all is said and done; it will be cut so there is nothing sticking up and protruding out once I have the height of the weights measured.

I have also changed the design a little bit and I will have a 1/4" steel plate on top with a center hole for the 1" rod, and then a 1/2" hole on each corner of the square plate (4 total) where I will run a 1/2" bolt down through the bottom of the plate. These 1/2" bolts will run through the grip holes in the weights. The top plate and bottom plate with the 1" bolt in the center and 1/2" bolts on either corner going through will secure the weights in place and eliminate the issue of a single failure point. I'll post up some more pics later this week as I get everything cut and drilled.
You are fine man, Im sure the final product will be good.

I think Im going to have to do something similar....sucks that Im at 2100 lbs with a full tank of gas needing to weigh in at 2430 empty with my fat ass. 3 45 lb plates on a setup like yours should do it.