Thread: 2012 I.T.SPEC*tacular news/results/stories!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by darthmonkeyIT View Post
    I also had a great weekend.

Saturday morning was spent remembering how to drive Mid O with Saturday afternoon finding some more pace. Finished 4th on Saturday and learned a valuable lesson about fuel pickup and right hand turns.

Sunday qualifying I started on fresh Hankooks which were a bit greasy but by the end of the session I was back in the 1:50 times. Sunday race was a blast. Ended up chasing racer bill till his unfortunate engine problem and trading places with an IT7 car most of the race. Made it down to the 1:49's and ended up finishing third overall.

I have some body work to do after an incident into 7 where I ate the rear end of a IT7 into my passenger door but aside from the door the car seems OK. I will need to check the alignment to make sure.

Overall great weekend. Good size fields and lots of fun racing. If I can find another half second I can start taking it to Linn in his Sentra.

I saw the "wreck" heading into the esses. Man it was fun watching you guys. That IT7 threw it in there deep and you did a great job avoiding it for the most part. I learned somethings this weekend for my build. Thanks to Sam for talking to me and answering my questions
    Last edited by jshiplet; 07-30-2012 at 04:05 PM.