Thread: What determines the mid engine adder?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Guys instead of beating up on Andy if we don't like this, how about we put together a proposal to get it changed?

But I have to ask is it the adder we don't like or the fact that it is only applied to mid-rear cars?

Do we agree with a weight Balance adder if it is applied to for example all cars that are 45/55 or more rear biased?
    Mike Uhlinger

Quote Originally Posted by ekim952522000 View Post
    Guys instead of beating up on Andy if we don't like this, how about we put together a proposal to get it changed?

But I have to ask is it the adder we don't like or the fact that it is only applied to mid-rear cars?

Do we agree with a weight Balance adder if it is applied to for example all cars that are 45/55 or more rear biased?
    Since this isn't a "rule" as such, there's no formal mechanism for proposing a "change," I don't think. You could lodge your questions/concerns through letters to the Board but additional back-channel discussion can be helpful.

I'd love to hear (much like with the torque and FWD questions) options for understanding what's going on at a theoretical level. There's a tendency for folks to jump to the end of the story, staking out a position that's consistent with their interests rather than exploring the whys involved.

EDIT - For example, a case might be made that a rear-drive, rear-mid-engined platform benefits from longitudinal weight transfer in both braking AND acceleration. It also might be that the low PMOI issue described above (the snap spin behavior) is either a curse or a blessing, depending on how fast one's hands are.

And (as is typical) there's potential for a LOT of mixing of issues/influences/rationales/etc. It's very helpful - to me, anyway - if we can be as clear as possible about WHAT we're talking about. Start by explicitly defining your terms.

K
    Last edited by Knestis; 06-05-2009 at 12:26 PM.