Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
...except that if it is an "engine" class - which it is - any given drivetrain option is going to be more competitive in a 2-seat platform than it will in a 4-seat platform. That kind of makes it a "chassis" class.

Anyone doing a purpose-built STU car today would be wise to keep that in mind.

K

PS - Congratulations again on your successes this year, Eric. It was nice having you and Irish Mike as yardsticks at the Majors we ran with the TDI.
That's not neccessarily true. The Z4 has the exact suspension as Irsh Mike's car and yet Mike's car has less drag, even if the Z4 had its factory hard top on. The reason for the difference is under the car, a full factory undertray. This is missing from the Z-series cars. Size doesn't predict aerodynamic efficiency. Notice the dearth of Z series racers in North America, only in Europe can a significant number of Z-series race cars be found.

Kirk, ask Breault why he switched from a Z3 to a sedan/coupe. They've got better aero, and are less twitchy while the drive train are exactly the same.

All I'm looking for is parity in the lbs/hp area. I just don't see it not with the potential of both fully built N/A and F/I side by side. I just want to be in the ball park with a fully built motor/car, not out on the parking lot or the street please.

Thanks,

ps. Eric, I haven't seen anything about any of the finishers in STU getting DQ'ed. Can you fill me in with any more information?