Thread: Remote oil filter and cooler?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm just giving you a hard time so you'll come race Z's with us in ITS!!

Yep, I agree and there isn't any one right way. You ought to hook up that oil temp gauge though just so you know what you're dealing with.

I thought I read that ITB was so economical that ITB racers actually made money to race? Now you're in ITB you should be living large!!!
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 05-17-2009 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    I'm just giving you a hard time so you'll come race Z's with us in ITS!!

Yep, I agree and there isn't any one right way. You ought to hook up that oil temp gauge though just so you know what you're dealing with.

I thought I read that ITB was so economical that ITB racers actually made money to race? Now you're in ITB you should be living large!!!
    I wish that were true. There was the cost of conversion, plus the extra fuel that the car burns, and since I'm now carrying higher speeds, brake pads probably won't last me 12 weekends!

Z car, huh?... those things got fuel injection, or are you dealing with carbs? you know what they say... "once you've gone PGFI you'll never go back!"
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by iambhooper View Post

Z car, huh?... those things got fuel injection, or are you dealing with carbs? you know what they say... "once you've gone PGFI you'll never go back!"
    Let's put it like this - the most sophisticated piece of electronic equipment on my Z car is the $1.99 timer that is velcroed to the steering wheel.

:026::026:

Lmao....
    Ty Till
    #16 ITS
    Rocky Mountain Division
    2007 RMDiv ITS champion

Quote Originally Posted by iambhooper View Post
    True and I think I'll start lobbying for a carb allowance. You guys have it easier in the paddock and have less work to do tuning the car. Therefore your are fresher for the race start, aren't covered in oil and grease and don't smell like gas. Definitely a disadvantage racing all nasty and tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    True and I think I'll start lobbying for a carb allowance. You guys have it easier in the paddock and have less work to do tuning the car. Therefore your are fresher for the race start, aren't covered in oil and grease and don't smell like gas. Definitely a disadvantage racing all nasty and tired.
    Yep, I'm sure Jeff can tell us all about the fuel injected advantage!
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie