Thread: Round 3 - Driving Impressions Pro-IT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Wack-A-Miata

Here's my view............

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76JE5NRwH0k"][/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76JE5NRwH0k[/ame]
    Last edited by cchandler; 08-07-2008 at 08:29 PM.
    Christian J. Chandler
    BMW 318is
    #26 ITA
    JiM Power

Quote Originally Posted by cchandler View Post
    Here's my view...
    Ouch. (I still can't believe I went between those two sideways, and touched neither...)

Wack-A-Miata
    Oh, if only I was clever with Photoshop...

Quote Originally Posted by cchandler View Post
    Here's my view............
    Oof, that is such a bummer. Wish I'd backed out and passed the guy on No Name, but hindsight is 20/20 ...

Steve

Default From Bob Zecca

Dear Guys,

Sunday night I wrote a long winded response to our event this past weekend and some how it never got posted? Either way here it goes again.

This past weekend we held Round 3 of the Driving Impressions PRO IT series at Lime Rock. We had 38 cars and I must tell you that I am very proud of each and every one of you. You guys put on a great show. This reminds me of racing in the 70's when most of you including that guy Bettencourt was mere tots. We had huge fields, close racing and rivalries. There was Datsun vs. Triumph, Sharp vs. Tulluis and 7,000 spectators on the hill at Lime Rock and even though we do not have any famous drivers except for Bettencourt we put on the same great show that fans and sponsors want to see. Now we have BMW vs. Mazda and teams of cars from Flatout Motorsports, BMW's of Autotechnic and 3D, Audis from RST Performance and many others. This is the involvement we need for the future. You guys did it!!! and proved that we can have large fields, have fun and race door-to-door all around the track.

There are many people I want to thank including the board of NNJR for backing us plus our sponsors. Hawk, MPT, Zamp Helmets, MOMO and Edwin of RaceShopper.com are all behind us. Another big thanks goes to that guy Bettencourt and his incredible crew from Flatout Motorsports. They put on a great lunch and got all our drivers out in one place and we got to share a great time together as friends before we went out on the track. This is what I love to see and what makes me push hard for this series. THANK YOU ANDY, YOU ARE TRULY A FIRST CLASS INDIVIDUAL!!

The racing was great..... the BMW of 3D lead the field as Rob Driscoll and Andy Bettencourt was always up there dicing thru the field. At the end there were a few unhappy drivers in the paddock but overall things went very well and the show is what the fans want to see and this is the future of SCCA. Last July Phillip Royale editor of Sportscar wrote about us in his column and he realizes that we are on to something. I honestly believe that within two years we will be a support race to World Challenge or another large series. This can be incredible. Guys..... we need to work to this goal, grow our fields, drivers, and workers, grow SCCA and our regions and bring back racing to the glory days or road racing. We have taken the first steps and with the support of one another we will get there.

PLEASE come out to Round 4 at NJMP and keep our momentum going. I will work hard on my end and together we will reach our goal. Thanks again for your past support and I hope to see you soon. If you need any equipment please give me a buzz. I appreciate your support.

Sincerely,
    Bob Zecca
    www.teamdi.com
    1-800-275-4667

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Zecca View Post

including that guy Bettencourt....though we do not have any famous drivers except for Bettencourt.....
    thanks goes to that guy Bettencourt.....THANK YOU ANDY, YOU ARE TRULY A FIRST CLASS INDIVIDUAL!!
    Andy Bettencourt was always up there dicing thru the field.
    Bob you really can't do these things, we are racers big egos and all that, now tAB's helmet just may not fit for the next race.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Default results

Are the results posted anywhere yet. dave

Quote Originally Posted by dpc View Post
    Are the results posted anywhere yet. dave
    Lime Rock Results

Default Thanks

Thanks Terry, hopefully we will get to wrk together some time soon. dave

Quote Originally Posted by dominojd View Post
    Bob you really can't do these things, we are racers big egos and all that, now tAB's helmet just may not fit for the next race.

tAB's helmet is already a 3XL..........

At least now tGA and tAB can share......
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Christian I am very sorry about your incident and hope to see you soon back on the track. You were just a victim and hopefully things will go better for the future.
    Sincerely,
    Bob Zecca