Thread: The demise of ITR at WDC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dave, I love ya, and I know you're speaking for the folks who run things, and you're just the messenger, but...

When the Washington PTB put ITR into big bore, it was like shooting all the ITR drivers. They either quit racing, took their car elsewhere, or moved to another class. (For the most part)

So, now, having the PTB say, "Hey you ITR folk, NOW is your chance...you want to prove you're worthy of moving into another group, show up in good numbers at this one race, and we will consider the move permanently. Otherwise you stay where you are"..

But the local ITR guys are on the floor, after being shot, LOL...unresponsive, essentially. There aint no drivers to respond!
    And guys with ITR cars from up further way, like NER, such as Blethen, well, they won't make the tow without a reasonable expectation of a couple cars to run with.

Not to mention, people budget the season in advance, and schedule things like vacations and races far in advance. I know when I was racing, there's no way I'd just "jump" and add a labor day race at summitt unless it was already planned for.

I know you know all this, but let the PTB know that if they REALLY want ITR cars, they're going to have to rebuild the flock, and that takes time.
    Last edited by lateapex911; 07-13-2012 at 11:39 PM.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

I don't understand why groupings are so diffict except when you have to many cars in a class. ITR should fit in 1-3 groups. If it shouldn't be in the group then it shouldn't be in the group. If it can be in the group but nobody wants it in that group alternatives should be looked at. If it can be in a group and that is where people want to race then put it in that group. Car counts should NOT be a factor and I think the region is being very arrogant with its requirement that cars show up... How many need to race 2,3,10??? Come on Dave you have to admit those sort of threats are pathetic at best. Do what the region feels is right and keep it consistent. People who don't like it locally can join the board and help to make the change. Others From a far can just continue to race locally, keep our car counts up and spend the money with the region that does care about them

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

ok, 'splain somethin' to me? itr cars lapping the field is bad so the itr cars get moved to big bore so they get lapped twice or more by the gt1 and sto cars?

running my mustangs in the big bore group i regularly get lapped at least once by the fast cars. they are 7 or 8 seconds a lap faster than i am at road atlanta. what am i missing?

Rob Bodle
    Rob Bodle Images, LLC
    RBI Competition

2007 ARRC Three hour "not a real" Enduro ITO Co-Champion.
    2009 ARRC ITO Champion.
    2009 ARRC Enduro Pole Winner
    2010 ARRC ITO Champion(car owner for Cliff Brown)
    2011 ARRC ITO Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrar05 View Post
    ok, 'splain somethin' to me? itr cars lapping the field is bad so the itr cars get moved to big bore so they get lapped twice or more by the gt1 and sto cars?

running my mustangs in the big bore group i regularly get lapped at least once by the fast cars. they are 7 or 8 seconds a lap faster than i am at road atlanta. what am i missing?
    Rob
    Nothing.

cheers
    dave parker
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Dave, I love ya, and I know you're speaking for the folks who run things, and you're just the messenger, but...

When the Washington PTB put ITR into big bore, it was like shooting all the ITR drivers. They either quit racing, took their car elsewhere, or moved to another class. (For the most part)
    The ITR drivers were collateral damage. ITS were put into Big Bore for valid reasons when DC consolidated run groups to allow for Saturday racing and ITR was swept up.

ITS was moved mid season because the pairing with Big Bore wasn't working for the very reasons that IT didn't want the class. The powers that be decided that potentially writing off ITB car was better than potentially writing off a GT car. ITR should have been moved at the time, but wasn't. The classes that were impacted by the change certainly weren't going to stand up and ask for it and I don't know if ITR asked for it, but chances are the DR wasn't even there.

As for the complaints regarding speed differentials -- would you like a Brie or a Swiss? The Gap between ITR and ITC is very similar to the gap between GT1 and ITR.