View Poll Results: Should non-USDM motors be allowed in ST?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO - USDM only

23 38.33%
  • YES

30 50.00%
  • Allow on a case by case basis

7 11.67%

Thread: Should NON-US motors be allowed in ST?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well in that case, why wouldn't you just call it IT+ instead of Super Touring?

My perspective is that this is supposed to be a NEW class for SCCA, not IT w/ a hot asian girlfriend or a modernized version of Production...
    so we should stop trying to carryover the rules and cars from IT and Prod and let the new class be a new class with a new philosophy.
    Last edited by Matt93SE; 02-11-2011 at 10:42 AM.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Quote Originally Posted by Matt93SE View Post
    Well in that case, why wouldn't you just call it IT+ instead of Super Touring?

My perspective is that this is supposed to be a NEW class for SCCA, not IT w/ a hot asian girlfriend or a modernized version of Production...
    so we should stop trying to carryover the rules and cars from IT and Prod and let the new class be a new class with a new philosophy.
    for U and O I completely agree. but the rulesmakers have stuck to an IT mindset on so much of the STL rules that they have kept it from "being" ST while also made a real IT-STL transition very expensive (chassis and cage work, and lots of it).

I'd fully support making STL the same rules as STU, with lower prep limits to the motor, no turbos, and more weight/cc. but that's not what it is. nor is it IT+. it's both, depending on what discrete rule you are reading. and that's pretty much it's greatest failing outside of the lack of diveristy expected at the pointy end.