Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: June LRP

Just one more though..all small formula cars have tiny nose pods....hell...I couldn't even get my feet onto the pedals in my F500 unless I was wearing racing shoes..and that had no clutch...LOL.

It might be possible for a driver to downshift his VEE going into turn 1...and get his left foot caught under the brake pedal..hence head on into the tire barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceG View Post
    Just one more though..all small formula cars have tiny nose pods....hell...I couldn't even get my feet onto the pedals in my F500 unless I was wearing racing shoes..and that had no clutch...LOL.

It might be possible for a driver to downshift his VEE going into turn 1...and get his left foot caught under the brake pedal..hence head on into the tire barrier.
    Bruce,
    I have no idea what happened to Jeff as I decided to skip Lime Rock and wasn't there, but his particular chassis has a very wide pedal box and your scenario would have been very unlikely. Anyway, he'd be braking while downshifting so his foot would have to be on the pedal, not under it.
    Rob Zatz
    EP Mazda RX7
    FF Lola T540

Quote Originally Posted by supersmile View Post
    Bruce,
    I have no idea what happened to Jeff as I decided to skip Lime Rock and wasn't there, but his particular chassis has a very wide pedal box and your scenario would have been very unlikely. Anyway, he'd be braking while downshifting so his foot would have to be on the pedal, not under it.
    Thanks,Rob for your informed opinion. Everyone was thinking heart attack.....if he lost a front suspension piece or steering,might he still be able to brake enough to at least hit sideways, instead on straight on in...it is surely a puzzle...perhaps, the State Police,who were there for hrs were able to reconstruct his path,etc

Can we get some IT class reports? Pole sitters, winners and fast laps? Sweet weather.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

I think Blizzard won both ITA races, and Mickey came in second in both of them.

Abhi spent some time in contact impound. I think we all did actually. I went there twice for people using my bumper as brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Can we get some IT class reports? Pole sitters, winners and fast laps? Sweet weather.
    I beat Dano...lol!
    Ray Lee Chee
    rleechee at comcast.net
    Oxford, Ct

Sat AM group 3 (ITA, IT7, EP, FP, HP, GTL, etc) race video has posted. Give it a few minutes so that the HD version becomes available.

NARRC @ LRP, 6/22/12 Race (AM)

[vimeo]69008671[/vimeo]

Sat PM will be uploaded tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by mossaidis; 06-24-2013 at 12:28 PM.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

In-car from Sunday AM's STL race, chasing a very fast, well-driven ITS Miata. Twist at the end...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0ypt7GGjgQ[/ame]

As Victor said in ITA..... It was close in race one between Mickey and Brian but I think the second race Prod traffic snuffed Mickey's chances of catching him. As always, Brian ran a smart race

In race two, Abhi and Chris were swapping positions for third and fourth. But on the last lap they come together in the up hill an both went into the wall. Lots of damage to both. I think we need video to determine exactly what happened.

Times were 1:03s

interesting Race 1 in Big Bore. A Mustang II Cobra went wide coming out of Big Bend then hooked it across the track into the tires on the inside. Looks like he had some damage. Corner workers pushed him out, he started to pull behind the wall, then changed his mind and ended up going back onto the racing surface right in front of the leaders. Wish I had video because it was kinda crazy. I'm sure he got a stern talking to when he came in.

Coolest car of the weekend was a Lotus running STU and some other class (he was in with the ITS/R/B cars) It was fast!! Another cool car was the Subaru BRZ. Having driven one the day before in the PDX, and seeing how it ran in the races, I'm guessing it will be the car to have in T4
    Last edited by JLawton; 06-24-2013 at 11:14 AM.
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    In-car from Sunday AM's STL race, chasing a very fast, well-driven ITS Miata. Twist at the end...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0ypt7GGjgQ

Did I see that right? (hard to tell all the Miatas apart) He got balked by lapped traffic and you got him at the line? I couldn't see that from the Hill
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    Did I see that right? (hard to tell all the Miatas apart) He got balked by lapped traffic and you got him at the line? I couldn't see that from the Hill
    Not only "balked", but actively "blocked" by the red/white car (maybe that guy didn't know he was a leader coming through?) Jon drove quite well; had that not happened he would have won the race.

- GA

Yes sir! Never give up!

I saw the glass chip happen too. Sucks!
    Andy Bettencourt

As Victor said in ITA..... It was close in race one between Mickey and Brian but I think the second race Prod traffic snuffed Mickey's chances of catching him. As always, Brian ran a smart race

In race two, Abhi and Chris were swapping positions for third and fourth. But on the last lap they come together in the up hill an both went into the wall. Lots of damage to both. I think we need video to determine exactly what happened.

Times were 1:03s
    It was good to see Jeff Lawton in the paddock. It's been too long.

Morning Race summary: Started 12th in group, 5th in class with a qual time of 1:04.5. Track seemed slow in general on Friday. Finished 7th in group, 2nd in class. I passed Chris Raffaelli at the start. Brian Blizzard passed Wendell Holmes, who made contact with a Yellow EP Honda S2000 at the end of Big Bend. Wendell out. Eventually passed Abhi in no name and on the next lap Abhi tries a pass on the inside of turn 1, pinches his car and spins out (double 360's) and thankfully with no contact. Now running in second place behind Blizzard, we fight traffic and I could not get a clean to pass him, but could of should of... blah blah. I had fastest time of the class, 1.02.5, followed by Brian Blizzard at 1.03.3. Well deserved hand shake to Brian, nothing but a good race!!!
    '92 Honda Civic Si

Do you have a smart phone? Many of us use Race Monitor for "real-time" and past event results. Of course, story telling on it.com is more fun
    '92 Honda Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by mossaidis View Post
    Do you have a smart phone? Many of us use Race Monitor for "real-time" and past event results. Of course, story telling on it.com is more fun
    I do but never realized the software had a history option. I always thought that you could only see what was live or just finished.
    Andy Bettencourt

You can access history two ways. During the event, select the "i" in the top and ask for race results. You can then selct which group and race you want.
    After the event, you can select race results on the front page and go back and find them that way.
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

Here is my in car video. Start watching at about the 19:15 mark.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_b6...AyamNoYnc/edit

Quite disappointed. I thought that I was holding my line and got taken out by an over aggressive move. Would like the opinion of the forum members.

The car is pretty bent, frame is twisted. Not sure how soon it will get fixed.

Abhi

Sorry about the trials and troubles Ahbi. It sucks for you, in general all involved and the ITA group as a whole. Chris' rocker panel didn't look too pretty either. I left LRP in a rush knowing I had to go upstate just to go to NYC again in the same evening otherwise I could have stopped by the trailer in B paddock to talk.

From your video it looks like you were holding your line though it is tough to tell when you are cresting over the hill due to the loss of reference points. Did Chris have video? Did anyone behind you have video of the race? What did the corner workers have to say?
    '92 Honda Civic Si

Default Crash

To me it looks like the Crx made a oops trying to pass you. It looks like the handling of your car had gone away. His in car would be useful. Sorry for the both of you
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

Would have made you proud Andy!! I was catching Abhi and Chris with a little faster times but not a lot of time left... and then they had the incident at the uphill. Not the best way to get third but... I got a mug!! Lots of traffic at every turn, but I am getting a little more aggressive.
    Denise VanBuren