Thread: STL engine builds?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    Okay, so rotarties are not invited, period. I think that is a strategic mistake but it is stated STL is a sub-2L piston engine class.

But why let the ITS RX7 run at its ITS weight? Somewhere it was written the intent was to prevent poaching of ITS entries. That seems a bit counter-intuitive as the best way to prevent poaching ITS entries is to simply not allow the car to run in the class at all. Indeed, it is clear that class isn't receptive to rotary engines. Was the allowance made to bolster STL entries and get the class off the ground? Seems like a logical path to start a fledgling class although it could have an impact on existing classes.
    Of course it was Ron. Double dippers artificially raise entry numbers promoting National status. What we have to understand is that currently, it was an 'allowance', not intended to be competitive.

I don't get the 'poaching' thing either. I actually call BS. If the rules are better than IT and draw some people from another class, all you have done is created a better mouse-trap for that racer. What is that bad? Finally a National class that has very similar chassis prep rules to IT...it could be so big.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Finally a National class that has very similar chassis prep rules to IT...it could be so big.
    If the SCCA would remove its head from its ass over the "National" and "Regional" distinction of classifications, allowing some of these legacy poorly subscribed classes to die, then we'd all be better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    I don't get the 'poaching' thing either.
    Poaching or class bolstering, depends on what side of the fence you are on.
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 12-13-2011 at 12:13 PM.