Thread: 2012 I.T.SPEC*tacular ( I.T.FEST) registration now open

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Too bad you're running SM with STL; you're missing out on a great opportunity for double-dippers (at ITA's great expense of potential SM conflicts). but I can't really offer any constructive options.

FF2000 and FF1600 separate groups? Is this some kinda festival for them, too? Are they that close in speeds -- or large in numbers -- that there would be conflict?

Wish I could join you guys this year, it has been far too long since the last one. I'll be back soon enough. - GA

On edit: actually, here's my suggestion. Swap groups 3 and 4 so that ITA and SM are back-to-back, discouraging SM competitors from double-dipping in ITA (after all, it's a festival for ITA, not SM, right?) Then move STL to the small-bore Prod and GTL group, giving SM'ers some place to play if they choose to double-dip.

3) SRF, EP, FP, HP, GTL, STL
    4) ITA, IT7, ITC
    5) SM, STU
    Last edited by Greg Amy; 05-28-2012 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Too bad you're running SM with STL; you're missing out on a great opportunity for double-dippers (at ITA's great expense of potential SM conflicts). but I can't really offer any constructive options.

FF2000 and FF1600 separate groups? Is this some kinda festival for them, too? Are they that close in speeds -- or large in numbers -- that there would be conflict?

Wish I could join you guys this year, it has been far too long since the last one. I'll be back soon enough. - GA
    Hi Greg,

Good to hear from you, and yes its been way to long. The F2000 and F1600 are pro groups and are giving us a donation to be there. Thus the lower entry fee for the club guys. And yes its made things a bit of a squeeze with pressure from my end (region) to run a club based formula group also. But as I mentioned to Vaughn we will watch and adjust groups if it becomes necessary to do so. We did review entries from the past few years before deciding on how to group things. With the economy stills struggling I don't think we will see any big surprises, drivers are still sticking to home and choosing fewer races to attend.