Thread: NHMS TeamDI Pro IT Race - April 10th

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

As I said at the end of the race, Ben that little piece is not why you beat me....bummer dude, but next one should be good....look out boys that Pcar is stout.

Great vid Glen and Bob, fun to watch. It's a shame that the ITS Honda was involved in wrecking so many good cars last weekend, if there is a silver lining he finally wrecked himself so maybe now he'll understand discretion.

Does anyone have an official revised race result sheet they can email or fax?
    Thanks

Looking forward to LRP.

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bro View Post
    It's a shame that the ITS Honda was involved in wrecking so many good cars last weekend, if there is a silver lining he finally wrecked himself so maybe now he'll understand discretion.
    I apparently don't know the whole story, but I'd be careful with the blanket statements like that, Rob. The entered driver (I don't know for a fact who was driving) is a long-time driver/entrant, with a lot of significant experience and numerous successes in both SCCA Club and Pro, and IMSA/Grand Am racing. The guy's been racing probably as long as I have, if not longer...I think Bill and I were racing against each other in SSB back in the early 90's!

Again, I don't know the details, so I hesitate to comment on the specific incident(s). But I don't think the gentlemen in question needs any "schooling" from any of us...

GA

P.S. I was pretty surprised to see him entered in ITS...can't imagine why, with SSB and Grand Am efforts in the works, he finds IT attractive...maybe we have a good thing going on here...!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    I apparently don't know the whole story, but I'd be careful with the blanket statements like that, Rob. The entered driver (I don't know for a fact who was driving) is a long-time driver/entrant, with a lot of significant experience and numerous successes in both SCCA Club and Pro, and IMSA/Grand Am racing. The guy's been racing probably as long as I have, if not longer...I think Bill and I were racing against each other in SSB back in the early 90's!

Again, I don't know the details, so I hesitate to comment on the specific incident(s). But I don't think the gentlemen in question needs any "schooling" from any of us...

GA

P.S. I was pretty surprised to see him entered in ITS...can't imagine why, with SSB and Grand Am efforts in the works, he finds IT attractive...maybe we have a good thing going on here...!

Greg,
    Rumor was it was his son.....dunno.

Either way, he got caught mirror driving going into 3 causing him to spin by himself in front of me, taking out Nimkoff and Thiele in the process, experience or not -rookie move.....you wouldn't do that. I know that for a fact.

Glen, I was in full pucker, and at one point tucked my elbows in as if it would help!!

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

I too had an up front seat. The red ITS Honda was coming inside (drivers left) of me out of Turn 2, so I pointed him left and gave him the line into Turn 3. I took the inside line. As we got to the turn in, the Honda rotated across the track. I kept my foot on the brake a bit longer to see where the Honda went and that let Rob get thru. I then mashed the gas as I saw the people around me starting to pile up and followed Rob up the hill. I was glad I had a cup of coffee before early qualifying.

Seemed to me to be a combination of overtaking cars and cold tires. It sucked to see so much carnage in a qualifying session.
    Last edited by almracing; 04-15-2010 at 01:10 PM.
    Anthony R.
    ITA #86 NER
    Honda CRX Si

what kind of Honda? Any video of the incident? In QUALIFYING? how lame.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

In QUALIFYING? how lame.
    Seriously - what idiot would get involved in anything that foolish during qualifying Jake?

With your story and this one, I honestly think it's pretty silly.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

OK guys. Lets all take a deep breath.

I had a whole story written last night but it did not update for some reason. Probably a good thing as I have had a chance to settle down a bit.

The Red Car. OK all of us that were driving in qualifing and in the race that came upon the situation(s) have our own thoughts about it. About 5 cars were damaged due to (or by coincidence of being near the situation of) this car / driver.

The same car (not sure of the driver) crashed twice during the Watkins Glen Enduro last fall and the car hit me (after it recovered from spin in the Laces of the Boot) as I was turning in for turn 11. The driver was quite indignant about it by his hand gesture afterward.

I would love for the person driving to give his side of the NHMS situation. None of us knows this side of the story.

Phil # 38 Miata

I believe we may need to start a drivers group to discuss issues like this situation among ourselves at the track. Personally I will be giving this car a wide berth in the future. I do no want to get involved racing with it.

Greg, I understand your statement earlier, but if you were there I believe you may be of a different opinion. If this car were driven by Jackie Stewart I believe his behavior should be reviewed and be discussed.

I hope no drivers were hurt. I feel bad for Windell as he was at my right rear quarter panel as we rounded turn 9 where the Civic had spun. I went left and missed the Honda while Windell hit him head on and pushed the Civic into Yannis's door. The fact that the Civic then drove the racing line bakc to 11/12 while leaking all it's fluids and catching fire did not help make friends either.
    Last edited by FastM3; 04-15-2010 at 10:41 PM. Reason: no name

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bro View Post
    Great vid Glen and Bob, fun to watch....

I want lessons on that threading the needle maneuver at the start!....

Did you have to inhale to get through between me and Driscoll?

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010