Thread: 90% of members are online...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ok Peter, I can see the appeal of your position, but are there times when information that is part of a request should be kept confidential? Would members be unable to provide data to the CRB that they would rather not be shared with their competitors?
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

In THEORY, it would be awesome. I don't thing anyone would argue that. Developing it in a manageable way, with the outputs you expect, would be the hard part. No?
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

In an ideal world, it would rock.

Dicks point is very valid, but I think that aspect can be managed.

We've worked out a method of accepting data on the ITAC, reviewing it, and voting confidence in it. We're happy to release the confidence vote record, but the data remains private, unless released by the author.

It's not what everyone would want, but, it's a great step forward. By seeing a large committee vote, hopefully the membership will have more faith that the system isn't being gamed, and that a few people aren't making backroom deals.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

The hard part is changing the culture. There is no technological reason this can't be implemented. It's just a question of will.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    In THEORY, it would be awesome. I don't thing anyone would argue that. Developing it in a manageable way, with the outputs you expect, would be the hard part. No?

The SCCA has tried the other way. It's broken. Full disclosure is needed to sweep clean. Is it possible there will need to be adjustments? Probably, but half measures won't get the job done as described. It's time for the pendulum to actually swing for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by dickita15 View Post
    Ok Peter, I can see the appeal of your position, but are there times when information that is part of a request should be kept confidential? Would members be unable to provide data to the CRB that they would rather not be shared with their competitors?