Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
He'll confirm, but his move to STU was more about a new opportunity with Cameron's Jetta TDI program coupled to the destruction of Pablo more than anything else. Had either one of those not happened I suggest Kirk would still be in - or headed back to - ITB. - GA
It's true that outside circumstances often are the catalyst for change.

Greg speaks the truth about his situation. But thats Greg, he steps in gold poo all the damn time, LOL. Also, he had a pretty short list of one or two cars he would race. Although he did seriously consider an ITA Miata effort, but his partner made the mistake of doing a realistic budget.
So Greg stuck with what he had and could convert fairly easily to STL, and it just so (lucky gold poo) happened that it is one of the select few cars that has a good chance of success in STL.

But make no mistake, that classes ability to go to the Runoffs is a MAJOR draw for Greg.

My car, a first gen RX-7, is at the end of it's life in terms of rebuild-able parts so it was time to say goodbye.
But were I to get back into the racing pool, I'd look very seriously at non IT categories simply because of the National status.
I love the IT ruleset. Not too much, not too little. But I'm not a fan of the limitations, and there is a lot of financial pull to run where you can defray costs. As a RWD guy, I'd think hard about LP Prod.