ITAC/CRB relationship is great. They've bought into the Process and basically that is what we do. We know we have clean up to do on ITB and ITR and possibly fix the power to weight multiplier problem in both (ITB is difficult, ITR the bogey car was set too light so that everything else is too heavy).

In any event, this was an interesting thread I don't think STL succeeds without sports cars. I also think that the difference between "sports car" and "touring car" is both overstated and understated.

It's understated in that as we have learned in IT, aero/frontal area/car height DOES MATTER -- quite a lot -- over 100ish mph. No SCCA category I'm aware of accurately accounts for this, or probably even could accurately account for it. So, here, the difference is understated and I'm not sure correctable via Kirk's proposal.

It's also overstated. Take a look at the CD/frontal area on a Miata. Or an NSX. I bet the overall aero is not much better than most modern sedans. And why isn't a GSR a "sports car?" Slippery, two doors, etc.

You've got to dig deeper I think. I think Andy is on to something that RWD + double wishbones is causing most of your problem. And even then, I still don't see the STL Miata dominance that others do. I've driven Tyler's car at Roebling and seen his dyno sheet. Good S cars will beat his car (no knock on it, it's well done). I've talked at length to Mike at ISC about 1.6 and 1.8 Miatas and he thinks (a) they will be ridiculousy expensive to make power in STL and still not competitive.

So it is interesting to me. The non-Miata guys claim the Miata is an overdog, and the Miata guys say it isn't. From the outside looking in, I don't see the data to support the overdog assertion but maybe I'm missing something.

And i probably am. Torque. Miatas never have, and RX7s no longer do, dominate ITS in the SEDiv. The one GSR down here is very competitive. Cars with less capable suspensions are equally if not more competitive, primarily (in my view) due to torque. If you build an ITS Miata, you are taking a huge chance on competitiveness.

So maybe look at why that is, in that power/weight range, the case and see if you can find something that will help you sort things out in STL.

We, the SCCA, need that class to succeed.