Thread: Jersey Road Racing Classic at NJMP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by monsterbronco View Post
    Yeah i have no idea what happened. I registered this morning and they were for sure separate groups.

I emailed the registration about it. So we will see what happens. currently Im the only one that has a conflict. not entirely sure why they moved STU

This falls into the category of "No good deed goes unpunished." The organizers mioved STU and SPU in order to accommodate some entrants who wanted to enter two race groups. Unfortunately, this created your conflict.

The Chief Steward is currently re-jigging the moves in order to prevent conflicts, while still accommodating double-dippers.

Quote Originally Posted by John Nesbitt View Post
    This falls into the category of "No good deed goes unpunished." The organizers mioved STU and SPU in order to accommodate some entrants who wanted to enter two race groups. Unfortunately, this created your conflict.

The Chief Steward is currently re-jigging the moves in order to prevent conflicts, while still accommodating double-dippers.
    Good idea seeing as how STU is actually specifically designed to accomodate IT double dippers.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by John Nesbitt View Post

OK glad to know things are being worked on. Registration passed my email on to the chief steward but i hadnt heard anything back yet.
    Wes
    29 ITS

Will there be a tire service at the event?

I haven't moved all my wheels to Baltimore yet, so it would be great to have a fallback in case I need fresh rubber along the weekend.

Alternatively, Andy, do you have a tire machine in your flatout truck? I am running the same size as SM.
    Astrophysathingy / goaheadtakethewheel.com
    99 Civic SI #9 WDCR ITS/STL
    93 Corolla / 97 PDX Miata

http://www.treadzone.com

last I heard Joe Specht will be there. I'm going to try the Hankooks on the Mazda.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Thanks! I was thinking about going to the BFG R1s - they seem to be the tire-to-have for FWD SS.

Quote Originally Posted by dtanthon View Post
    http://www.treadzone.com

last I heard Joe Specht will be there. I'm going to try the Hankooks on the Mazda.
    +11 on Joe. Thanks for pointing him out, will certainly be back to him. Really nice and helpful.

MyLaps are posted.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Second race weekend with the #5 ITA Nissan... Justin's first time even going to a track in a year and a half!!!! That said,
    J did great! Especially considering his time away from the track, ntm it was a new car and track for him.

Long story short, he even managed a second place finish in ITA starting from the back due to a fuel pump failure in the last QR! In the STU QR2 he made an awesome pass to the finish line and got the position by .015 seconds!!!!!!!!!!! Our photgrapher and I were on the outside watching and our she got an awesome shot!!!!! We could NOT tell who won! neither could the two drivers!

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post
    A big shout out to Chris Rallo in the ITA car - we were paddocked together and these guys are the real deal - thashed on their car during the night to fix ball joint problems and got back out to race. When my car wouldn't start he was right there to lend a hand! That's what SCCA is all about!
    Good to finally meet you Ben and put a face to the name! Thanks for checking in when we were having issues and offering help! Thanks for the props! yea... things got a little complicated when we found that our spares didn't fit :/

Great job running that Porsche! It was FUN to watch you come from the back, even though you did it a few too many times

Quote Originally Posted by Kai Noeske View Post
    What everyone above said - a fantastic event, and a total daze of track time galore on an awesome track, with a great crowd, in awesome weather, to end the season.

I drove my car to and from the track -
    Double-dipped SSC and ITS; had some slower ITB and ITA cars to play with. Got pounded once, but could continue driving. 8 sessions - 2 15 min Quals, and 6 races - wow!!!

Fist time racing Lightning - had only done a track day in a street car before - learned a lot over the weekend. Had better tires in front on day 1 and got within 2 sec of the ssc track record, which made my day .

Big Thanks to Mark Gregory for the alignment help, Chris for grid help, and Ben for explaining what happened when there was some paint traded. Was great to see all of you. Hopefully soon next season!

Detailed report on blog soon.

HUGE Thanks to the SNJ SCCA folks and all workers!!!
    thanks for the props dude. It was great to see you at the track!

huge props to you for DRIVING that thing to the track (and leaving the plate on it) AND driving that fast! good job buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by dtanthon View Post
    MyLaps are posted.
    thanks for the hard work Darrel! Never got the chance to come over and say hi... Looked like you sure had some fun out there, one race especially!

Thanks to all for being part of and helping a great event!
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Wes / Chris

Oh no! That's no good either
    I emailed the registration about it. So we will see what happens. currently Im the only one that has a conflict. not entirely sure why they moved STU
    A change has been approved to move STU / SPU to Group 5 so that it will not conflict with any IT class. The schedule / supps will be updated on DLB later today.

Our original change addressed the STU entrants when we made it (last Friday). After that decision was made, we had several additional STU entrants, some with conflicts. I believe that we have it right now.

Terry

Thanks for keeping us posted Terry!
    Wes
    29 ITS

I spoke to Smarty earlier this morning. He will be down as well.

http://www.northeastracingtire.com
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hanushek View Post
    Wes / Chris

A change has been approved to move STU / SPU to Group 5 so that it will not conflict with any IT class. The schedule / supps will be updated on DLB later today.

Our original change addressed the STU entrants when we made it (last Friday). After that decision was made, we had several additional STU entrants, some with conflicts. I believe that we have it right now.

Terry
    Yes, thanks Terry! and good work guys!
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Quote Originally Posted by CRallo View Post
    Yes, thanks Terry! and good work guys!
    +1. Looking forward!

Finally decided to run both SSC and ITS. Good news for all 'regular' ITS folks: The one race where you *guaranteed* won't come last!