Thread: A new 260Z is born - Jeffrey R's 260Z

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

More progress:

- rear suspension mostly in, just short two bolts...

- engine headed to Ron's in the next day or two for final dress out....

- front struts just about finished....

- started tearing into calipers to rebuild them and....whew...rusty bores and pitted pistons, so probably need to get new ones. AND..disaster...I blew some brake fluid out in a cloud when blowing the pistons out with compressed air, and it settled on one of the fenders......so, it's back for a repaint. Always leave it to me to Jeff something up!

We may get the suspension and motor in and complete end of next weekend.

It's really, really cool building a car from the shell up. So simple these old turds.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    AND..disaster...I blew some brake fluid out in a cloud when blowing the pistons out with compressed air, and it settled on one of the fenders......so, it's back for a repaint. Always leave it to me to Jeff something up!

I did that last year. Woosh! Luckily, my face was in the way and I missed the car.

I did that cleaning the spray gun with lacquer thinner...ARGHHHH

Default Shell cart

Jeff

What about that cart you are using to move the shell around ? I am working on a rx 7 with a buddy and we are about to make it immobile, but that cart looks really useful, did you buy it ?

Thanks
    Chris Plucker

Northern Tool

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...ssearch=125415

I already sold the one I had to a guy at Maaco.
    Jeff Roussel
    Soon to be ITS Datsun 260z

Hi Guys,

Good luck at the track this weekend. I am the new caretaker for the 260Z and have purchased the car from Jeff R. I am working hard to get this thing running. I have sorted through most of the parts and I have made a shit list of items to do. Still need to get the charging system, oil cooler, brake lines, drive line and fuel lines run. Those are the big items. I am coming to ITS from spec Miata several years ago and have helped Ron and Jeff Y over the years. I am a noob driver and I will get my son licensed as well. Jeff R. and Ron and Jeff Y have prepped a pretty nice tub so far. I am missing one rear brake shoe locating block that bolts to the top of the brake backing plate. Still looking through boxes. I picked up about four plastic tubs and three boxes from Jeff when I picked up the car. Looking forward to getting back to racing in my own car.

Cheers,
    Ed P.

ITS 260Z (under continued construction)
    75 280Z street car (wifes)
    70 911S twin plug 2.7RS Hot Rod
    Yukon Denali for hauling all my broken $hit

Hope to see you down here in florida... Good luck with the car.

Quote Originally Posted by CPLUCKER View Post
    Jeff

What about that cart you are using to move the shell around ? I am working on a rx 7 with a buddy and we are about to make it immobile, but that cart looks really useful, did you buy it ?

Thanks
    Chris Plucker
    Chris... I built one myself out of scrap lumber and some casters that I had laying around. It was very simple with the only precise measurment being the distance between the rocker panel seams. After that it was glue it and screw it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX