Thread: July Fastrack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

how do we find out what came out of the last meeting?

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    how do we find out what came out of the last meeting?
    Officially, you have to wait for it to be published. What the ITAC does is really at the beck & call of the CRB, they actually make the decisions ... the ITAC only provides recommendations.

Unofficially if you want to know what we recommended, talk to an ITAC member privately.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

So I guess it is time we spoke with our BOD reps to see what the holdup is. Gets a little old to have an ITAC that is doing something and a CRB sitting on their collective asses with other more important issues. Given the list of items that have been discussed on this board and the total lack of IT items in fastrack there is something going on behind closed doors. I know some of the CRB visit this board so how about an explanation please.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

I have no explanation but I am thinking that In reality the National Runnoffs are a HUGE part of our "club" both from gaining exposure and gaining respect in the racing industry. IT looks like this fasttrack focused on that. I am guessing they will have more time later in the year and even though we have taken the backseat for now I don't want several things to change until the end of the season anyway. I have the rest of my year budgeted out.

Stephen

That's actually several months of backlogged recommendations from the ITAC, that haven't been acted on - or have been but not announced...? I could be wrong but I unearthed one in response to a member follow-up email from - I think - the April con call, that went to the board but hasn't surfaced in Fastrack. We did miss a call due to telephony issues, and the do-over was late enough that the recommendations from that call didn't get acted on. But that was for one call.

K

Oh come on, I've been waiting for 2 months already. Simple questions don't even get answered. I guess I'm just gonna keep on going and if I get protested they'll have to address it then. I can't even express how disappointed I am right now.
    Chris

Unsquishable bug on the way!!!!!

My advice is just practice being patient. That's what this process taught me.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Quote Originally Posted by shwah View Post
    My advice is just practice being patient. That's what this process taught me.
    6 Months and waitng... I like the members and know they follow-up on things but we have to admit there is a LOT of room for improvement in the process to make it more timely.

Raymond
    Last edited by RSTPerformance; 07-21-2009 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Re read the post and it came out wrong, wanted to clarify my statement! Sorry
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by rx7chris View Post
    Oh come on, I've been waiting for 2 months already. Simple questions don't even get answered. I guess I'm just gonna keep on going and if I get protested they'll have to address it then. I can't even express how disappointed I am right now.
    Not speaking to your specific request in particular (I honestly don't remember what it was), remember that the Board and ITAC don't do "clarifications." If there's a question about whether something is legal or illegal, that has to get ironed out in the courts. (Think judicial branch of our government.)

The board, with the ITAC's input, makes the rules - the legislature. I a member wants a rule changed, we need them to propose a change.

Just taking an opportunity for the good of the order here...

K

2 Months?? Do you know how long you would have waited 2-3 years ago??? Forever!

As Kirk mentions, the ITAC doesn't answer questions. Maybe that's why you haven't gotten a response??? Maybe I'm reading your post wrong? If you have a question about legality, throw it here on IT.com.

Either way, it's not an excuse for running something you think might be illegal........

Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

I guess I'm just gonna keep on going and if I get protested they'll have to address it then.
    Please read GCR 8.1.4, page GCR-61 in the original publication for 2009.

If yer waitin' for a rules clarification from the ITAC or CRB, yer gonna be waitin' a looooong time...

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    2 Months?? Do you know how long you would have waited 2-3 years ago??? Forever!

Really? Do you have ANY examples? I have been actively racing with SCCA for 10 years and been a member in the club for close to 25 years. I do not see any improvements on Comunication or efficiency. Its the same process as in the past except that Fasttrack is posted on line so it is availble faster.

I do "guess" the CRB has a ton going on with the runnoffs coming up. However I also believe our club needs to have at least a small level of accountability.

I think the fundamental problem with the entire process is that NOTHING zilch zero feedback is given to the members that anything is being looked at even if "stuff is happening behind the scenes". (Actually you do get an automated e-mail response) Thier is a reason "meeting minutes" are taken and probably should be taken within our organization. Utilize the SCCA.com forums and post those minutes each month and the members will most likely feel like something is happening.

I also still don't understand why ALL requests that are sent to the ITAC are not public knowledge. Afterall if I request something and the ITAC is going to "Take that feedback into consideration" why is it secret? Why cant other members chime in? Again utilize the SCCA.com forums and get rid of the e-mail process and create a "posting" process. That way ALL members can see what is being requested and ALL members can chime in.

Stephen

PS: I DO think the ITAC and the CRB has done all the "right" things to improve our classification (IT) The process, equality, and competition adjustments that have been made are significant improvements in the class and can't go unnoticed. The THINGS that have happened in the last 2-3 years are outstanding and deserve respect and appreciation.