Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
Tsk, tsk, tsk. Good try. But if ever you decide to stop stomping your feet and making a big scene in the grocery store and going to the garden to eat worms (and all that), you might be interested to learn you're - once again - wrong. I've actually been discussing how to make the class more attractive to the gay set, given they're apparently proving to be far too spoiled and whiny (Tyler's pressing interest excluded) to give it a shot. But I'm assured that in the end others who think differently than you (and not just Miata or Honda drivers) are "manning up" and taking the challenge.

But on a much brighter note, I think we now have a new IT.com strategic corollary to put up on the mantle next to The Roffe; I'll call it "The Bettencourt Corollary":

"I am just not the sucker who is going to waste money to prove that a car...needs some help."

Glad you've finally recognized that position.

GA
LMAO. All of that gibberish to point out in a grade-school way that I don't think the car can be competitive? If you would take off your Miata-hater glasses and read the posts - I don't really care if ANY car is competitive. It's a thread about what can be and why or why not. I also pointed out - factually BTW - that your posts in the past have certainly inferred that you are happy that this isn't a class that will be 'overrun' by Miatae.

The fact you have come to grips finally that it's a class with rules that limit the viable choices is evident in your new-to-us effort to broaden the appeal. And that's a good thing.

On your new corollary, love the "..." because it takes it out of context. When you write it again, make sure you include the 'that nobody WANTS competitive" as was originally written.

Onto the data for everyone else: Just talked with Tyler and he has TWO sources that are confirming he can make the power that he is targeting. Still well below the Honda's but well within his goals for on-track parity. I liked what he had to say and it seemed to fly in the face of what I learned in my conversation with another prominant engine builder yesterday. If I had to go with my gut, I would lean toward his conclusions and think that if the CRB was willing to tweak some, it could be a decent choice.

For those of us who like RWD, is anyone considering anything conceptually other than an MR2 hybrid?