Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: July "Mohud at LRP" Thread...

The "one move" rule is good guidance. Dario F almost fell afoul of this at the Toronto Indycar race this past weekend. It was DAMNED close but he didn't get dinged after the steward types changed their minds.

K

Oh yeah, there is a car out there. Oooops.

Not going to get in this fight. Very iffy here on whos doing what to whom.

Dan 77 IT7
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com

I am starting to think Christian likes "playing" on the grass...

http://www.puckstopperphotography.co...202f#h60e1141e
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Yeah. That was a crappy moment. Miata to my right was wandering down across the track at me and I was watching her and moved with her to keep clear of contact with her when suddenly there was Christian to my left. My fault that I fixated on the car coming across and totally missed him coming through like that. He was a rocket ship.
    Sorry again Christian.
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

No worries Steph. I saw you getting the squeeze from the Miata and moved over. Also, you tried to give me some room during the pass. Not so much with the other, very cool BTW, pics of me in the grass next to Dave.

Dave Gran, after seeing pics 51-55 at puckstopperphotography.com, do you still want to say you never saw me??!! wink & smile :-)
    Last edited by cchandler; 07-17-2013 at 09:33 AM.
    Christian J. Chandler
    BMW 318is
    #26 ITA
    JiM Power

After the race at impound after hearing the predicament you were put in caused by me, I apologized profusely and wanted to discuss the situation. I went as far as sincerely offering to disqualify myself from the race, thus awarding you the win without going through the protest process or even seeing my in-car video or anyone else’s. Based on this do you really think a win is really that important to me where I’d purposefully put you in a dangerous situation? While the various checkered flags and trophies in my garage are neat, I care much more about all the friends and awesome memories I’ve had along the way.

You asked to see my in-car video; just as I asked to see yours. I do think my in-car shows yet another perspective. Regardless of anything, you went off and I do feel bad about that. If you feel that I saw you and it was malicious at this stage, there’s nothing I can do about that.

I do feel that these discussions are great learning opportunities for not only us but others here.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Sorry I am late to the party with the video.

I had nothing for anyone this weekend, issues with the car, but more so with the driver. Dan was earning back his spot which I took the start. He was passing for position. I did not contest it because I was like a stone and he would have passed me eventually so I let the pass happen on my terms by easing up on the straight and hanging a bit deep into the braking zone into turn 1.

I never saw the blue car until he popped out in front of Dan mid turn. I was surprised to see him. Makes me wonder what would have happened if I tried to defend my position and keep Dan behind me.

Throughout the weekend I knew the blue car was loose after seeing a few wobbles and a trip through the grass in front of me in the same spot as this incident.

With that in mind, when I saw the blue car hot in the turn, out in the marbles, I decided to hang back a bit and let them get through the turn, glad I did.

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

http://youtu.be/2QY6GmrIAEc
    Last edited by raffaelli; 07-17-2013 at 06:53 PM. Reason: I can never seem to get the Youtube thing to work.
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Haha, just ask Ahbi about passign Chris! Kidding KIDDING Chris! (Chris if you're reading you handled that situation brilliantly.)
    Ouch buddy!

Its all good. LOL.

I learned, shook Ahbi's hand this weekend, guess I wont be 'over it' till I see Ahbi in a car again.
    Last edited by raffaelli; 07-17-2013 at 02:57 PM.
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

Quote Originally Posted by raffaelli View Post
    Ouch buddy!

Its all good. LOL.

I learned, shook Ahbi's hand this weekend, guess I wont be 'over it' till I see Ahbi in a car again.
    And Matt Kessler finished the car and I am here at the Glen today

It looks like hell but it runs.

Abhi

Looks dont make the car fast,

Dan
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

it7racing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dano77 View Post
    Looks dont make the car fast,

Dan
    'Looks like shit and goes like Hell' is all good. Some of us prefer both.

<--- Been searching the country for a nice IT7 for fun.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    <--- Been searching the country for a nice IT7 for fun.
    ...and the snowball continues to roll downhill...

Default It-7

are they all 12A's

You have to apply and bring 15 letters of recomendation, notarized in triplicate, and be approved by a commitee of your peers. Then we might allow you the privalige of "Borrowing" an IT7 car.

After succesfully completeing the initiation phase, you will then be allowed to look at IT7 cars in the area. you cant buy them yet as they need to be offered to the members in good standing first, after that they will be offered to new members.

After purchase, you will need to fetch us beers forever and then you can race us.

Sound good Andy?

Greg, we decided you need one more race to prove your mettle. And I need a chance to redeem the 77 car.

OR

You can check out theclassifieds and go around all this tom foolery.

it7racing.com

Quote Originally Posted by dpc View Post
    are they all 12A's

12a with 15x7 wheels, 205/50/15 Nitto NT-01

it7racing.com

Greg, we decided you need one more race to prove your mettle. And I need a chance to redeem the 77 car.
    Ain't got no plans for August...just sayin'...

12a with 15x7 wheels, 205/50/15 Nitto NT-01
    thats a New Hampshire IT-7.
    A summit Point IT-s is a ITA RX-7. Same in Ohio,and most other places. A Georgia or SC IT-7 has Toyos, on 13s, I think. Unless it's at the ARRC, when it's an ITA RX-7
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

You have to apply and bring 15 letters of recomendation, notarized in triplicate, and be approved by a commitee of your peers. Then we might allow you the privalige of "Borrowing" an IT7 car.

After succesfully completeing the initiation phase, you will then be allowed to look at IT7 cars in the area. you cant buy them yet as they need to be offered to the members in good standing first, after that they will be offered to new members.

After purchase, you will need to fetch us beers forever and then you can race us.

Sound good Andy?

Sounds good. I just don't want to catch fire.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Abhi View Post
    And Matt Kessler finished the car and I am here at the Glen today

It looks like hell but it runs.

Abhi
    Woo hoo! We are on our way there now. See you at the Glen, Abhi.
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Sounds good. I just don't want to catch fire.

Help me Tom Cruise, put out the fire with your witchcraft!!!!!!

it7racing.com