Thread: Plain Old Gas ( POG )

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Miller View Post
    How can it be illegal if it passes tech?
    Oh, boy, here we go...

Passing tech does not equal "legal". Unenforceable does not equal "legal".

Balancing and blueprinting Miata engines in SM is expressly illegal to the rules; it's actually written in there. But, competitors still do it because it's unenforceable. Ergo, although balanced and blueprinted engines are expressly illegal to the rules, they are still done.

Same goes with the fuel rules: utterly unenforceable. But, the $36 witches' brews - while being expressly illegal to the rules - are done anyway.

(I find is amusing both debates/discussions/arguments center around the same vehicle prep category... purely coincidental, I'm sure... )

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Passing tech does not equal "legal". Unenforceable does not equal "legal"....

&

...Same goes with the fuel rules: utterly unenforceable. But, the $36 witches' brews - while being expressly illegal to the rules - are done anyway....

The GCR specifies a "dielectric coefficient" test, and one or more "reagent" tests to determine legality. If a fuel passes these tests, how is it not legal ? Where in the rules are there specifications other than those spelled out in the fuel testing protocols ? What is "expressly illegal" ?

Oh, boy, here we go...

Same goes with the fuel rules: utterly unenforceable. But, the $36 witches' brews - while being expressly illegal to the rules - are done anyway.
    Oh boy, here we go........

My views against using exotic fuels have been expressed in this thread so I won't repeat them. But I will reiterate my defence of those who are willing to spend up to 36 bucks per gallon for LEGAL race fuels. The fuel regs have been posted repeatedly and not one person has posted evidence that these fuels violate the GCR. Go to the VP website and review the specs for SR1 fuel. There are a lot of other fuels that proclaim to meet SCCA standards. http://www.vpracingfuels.com/vp_01_fuels.html
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

Oh, boy, here we go...

Oh, I know, I just like sitrring the pot. :026:

I might argue unenforceable is legal though...

To add onto Andy's post.. yiou can't change Fuel/Air on the 1.8 liter Spec Miata's, so oxygenating the fuel *really* helps those cars run.

Marcus
    Marcus
    miller-motorsports.com - Its always an Adventure (and woefully outdated)
    1.6 ITE/SPU/ST2 Turbo Miata (in pieces... err progress)