We ran two NASA races this Summer,(Teen Challenge SM). Hyperfest, and MidOhio. Lots if cars. There was only one VW in some PT class. Lots of E30, 944, spec cars. The races were non stop battles. NASA does a good job. They seem to bring a lot of big money cars. The spec racing was very tight and well subcribed.
There are more E30 cars than CFR gets for ITB.
I am sure that we can run a small Spec V, ITV, class, with the A 1 cars, 8V, A2cars and the stock manifold, gearset, A2 16V.
Basic rule set; A1 ,1.8 8V, any head, 10/1 compression, spec cam or stock cam. 3.94 final gear. Any header, weight .2270#
A2 8V, Hydro head, 10/1, any header. 2270# 3.94 gear
A2 16V, stock cams, stock exhaust, stock gearset, 2270# (3.67x091 gear)
I would discourage the 4.22 gear, because it is NLA, and stuff explodes sooner with it. I am up in the air with welded diffs. I love racing with them but they create their own problems, both driving style and prep issues.
Of course, the weights will be adjusted to balance any markedly fast model combination. The goal is equality. I know that it is a bit to swallow , if you spent 20k to dominate ITB.( our ministock VW had 75# added to reduce our domination, this year)
I am not opposed to back dating the Scirocco with the hydro 1.8 @ 2350#.
If you have looked for any 1.5 or 1.6 parts , you may like this route.
I am aware of the anti Spec people and respect that opinion. I like to race, the closer the cars, the better the race.
I am open to suggestions,(that are printable)
I will do all that I can to make this work and fun.