Thread: Chumpcars can run NASA !!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinglizard View Post
    Are you saying that Chumpcrap has no place in SCCA?

I am just hoping that SCCA can loosen up their butts enough to share in this huge market that has been presented.
    The time is right for an Endurance series to accept these drivers and their cars. With some basic rules!!
    Please tell me what you really think.
    PLEASE STOP talking global and concentrate LOCAL! MANY SCCA regions DO HAVE a place for these cars to race - I posted the ITE rules earlier for my Division. If safety is really IT or better - Bring the rule book and come play! You do need to have a race license (not the one purhcased for $25 - But one that is accepted by the region/division putting on the event). Other than that - this is a non-issue. If your local region has an issue - GET INVOLVED and make changes. Having ITE added at the divisional level should be an easy-ish task and you are good to go.

** Now if you want an endurance race - we don't do those in my division (or not often at all). We fill up all the time we have in the weekend. Yes we have 'extra' time in the schedule for worker breaks and 'fluff' built-in to allow for issue 'cleanup'. All done to try and ensure everyone gets to have the race they came for. Other divisions are different - there may be an enduro series out there that fits what you're looking for.
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

Here in calClub we've run a race withing a race. For a while the NCCC Corvette guys ran their race series within the ITE class/run group. They kept track of their own points and took care of their own tech (outside of the normal SCCA post race tech). I'm sure something similar can be setup for ChumpCar (assuming basic SCCA safety is met) in most regions.

Quote Originally Posted by downingracing View Post
    PLEASE STOP talking global and concentrate LOCAL! MANY SCCA regions DO HAVE a place for these cars to race - I posted the ITE rules earlier for my Division. If safety is really IT or better - Bring the rule book and come play!
    True. NCR-SCCA hosts the 13 Hour Charge of the Headlight Brigade that has an ITE class. ITE in the NCR is basically any car that meets IT safety specs, not IT prep rules, but safety only. Therefore, you could run in what is arguably the East Coast's most prestigious amateur endurance event. I'm sure that if you get a few Chumpcars to show up and race that the SCCA will take notice.