Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
Jeeez, I can not believe I'm about to defend Kai....acck!
Guys, remember, that was probably Kais first or second race ever. And I don't know about you, but I'm SURE I couldn't make a lap in that floppy guppy of a car without putting it in a wall, or pulling in the pits in pure disgust! (And y'all know MY racecar isn't exactly a desirable GT3 RS or anything!)

So give him some credit...he didn't hit anyone either.

Thanks Jake but no worries, I had done a bunch of races before and was pretty much on pace for SSC that day (intense close battle with Steve Simpson in the Cobalt, him on an experimental setup, me on those "totally fine" [vendor] Hoosier SMs that turned out to be 5 yrs old, both very sideways ).

Nah, me unfortunately being passed by SSB and ITA cars is SCCA's fault. They hate the Si so much that they won't allow me any LSD and JDM header / chip / exhaust / purple anodized coilovers / blue underfloor neons. All items that Honda *meant* this car to have; ask any Honda expert from the outskirts of New Haven, CT.

I paid ITA back at Thunderbolt where teh VTAK left a few Miatae behind to suffer my 24.95 ebay exhaust's roar.