Thread: What is a "touring car?"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How about charging more for the second entry? Let the double-dippers rethink cheap track time and focus on which wooden trophy is meaningful.

Quote Originally Posted by callard View Post
    How about charging more for the second entry? Let the double-dippers rethink cheap track time and focus on which wooden trophy is meaningful.
    Because that is the total opposite of what a Club should do for it's members.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

I do think we're generally in agreement on most of that, Andy. I will fix this for you though:

The Miata has been a mixed blessing for the SCCA. It draws drivers, revenue and competition from other classes.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    I do think we're generally in agreement on most of that, Andy. I will fix this for you though:

K
    There are plenty of guys who start their SCCA 'career' in SM. Let's also not underestimate the impact 'keeping' a driver who would have normally have left SCCA by staying in a Miata in whatever class.

Back on topic: If we need STL to be sedans (or some interior volume class) then so be it. Make sure you give the 'sports cars' a place to play with that same ruleset because that is where the entries will pile up.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967