Thread: STL - what's going to be hot?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sorry - dumb question: Is the age cut-off for STL proposed to be the same as for STU...?

As I mentioned, I'm "intrigued" by STx, partially as a possible solution to my crossover rallycross/hillclimb/screwaround car question. A 1.8 VW 16v at something close to Pablo's ITB spec weight would be pretty entertaining. It's not ever going to have the specific output numbers of a Honda but it would be a truck up hills.

K

Well though there is alot or red line and print from the proposed ruleset that the BOD is reviewing. As of the current proposed ruleset, it makes little sense to build anything other than a honda in STL. However, the PTB have stated that they are going to do someting about that.

Superior head design, amoung other things allow for high % gains compared to others. There was papers written to allow for non-usdm engines to allow for better options for nissan, ford, chevrolet, BMW, Toyota, and honda. However, the JDM v.s USDM isn't that big of a jump for honda compared to the other options in the lower displacement range.

Another option was written is to set almsot GT weights based on engines.

In my opinion choose a honda of your liking that has the best brakes and wheel base. Then build a B16 if your chassis can get down to weight, then build a B18. We will see what they do with the k20, but if that was me that is what I would do.
    Last edited by quadzjr; 10-26-2010 at 10:25 PM.
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    Sorry - dumb question: Is the age cut-off for STL proposed to be the same as for STU...?

As I mentioned, I'm "intrigued" by STx, partially as a possible solution to my crossover rallycross/hillclimb/screwaround car question. A 1.8 VW 16v at something close to Pablo's ITB spec weight would be pretty entertaining. It's not ever going to have the specific output numbers of a Honda but it would be a truck up hills.

K
    Yes, the age requirement is 1985< unless a model run included cars from before and after 1985. i.e. Gen 1 RX-7
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring