Thread: New England Region IT EZ

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Endurance racing
    ITEZ has been posted on the CC forum already. The PNW has also been talked about( ITJ.) Many cars can cross over.
    BTW I was banned from the forum there for posting the rules on my site. That has passed and The headdick/guy in charge has moved on.

Understand that many new racers have not heard of the SCCA at all . That is why we need to bait them with a crap can , ITEZ forum . The cars and people are not that dissimilar.
    Simple marketing- get hits -sell product/ generate interest.
    The highest priority of any website is to promote your product to new eyes. For that to happen in our case, is to expose our products to the other racers . To do this well in modern times, it has to generate google hits .Meta tags/ headings etc.
    More hits= better .
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinglizard View Post
    The highest priority of any website is to promote your product to new eyes.
    I think you're missing the entire point of this web site/forum.

Says Mr. STL and how we have a Super Touring sub forum which exists on Improved Touring's chat forum. Besides, CrapCan is not run by SCCA. Not the same discussion here.

The hope with ITEZ if for it to expand beyond just the NER. After posting the announcement on my site, I was contacted by multiple regions stating they are doing something very similar. I've also spoken with SCCA national and will be again about it. Besides, that at least is a subset of IT.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    Says Mr. STL and how we have a Super Touring sub forum which exists on Improved Touring's chat forum.
    So? What's your point?

However, to counter that rather rude and insulting implication, point out to me one of the "other" numerous Super Touring forums on the Internet...?

The hope with ITEZ if for it to expand beyond just the NER.
    As I noted above, if and when that happens, it can be a consideration for the future. Right now the number of ITEZ cars that have entered an SCCA race is exactly...zero.

Dave, you own your own web site, domain name(s), and you have the capability and knowledge to build it. Go create your own Crap Can forum, promote and develop it, and make it successful. There is NO ONE stopping you from creating a CrapCan forum...if it's so important, why aren't you? Why isn't Mike (who, you should note, has a deep financial conflict of interest in the success of CrapCan)?

Note I ain't the only one here unhappy about all the BS from the CrapCan and Street Tire cultists. Or the only one that is finding it more than just a little tiring.

- GA

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post

Note I ain't the only one here unhappy about all the BS from the CrapCan and Street Tire cultists. Or the only one that is finding it more than just a little tiring.

- GA
    Nope, you ain't.

Ron "Who's hoping in the next version of IT.com we kill advertising signatures of members and delete advertising posts"

Drink a bit too much coffee yesterday Greg? lol

I don't care about CrapCan but do the the initative that Dick and other regions are doing directly related to IT and the "EZ" aspect. It's not about street tires; that isn't in the required rule set for what many regions have said they're going with. Don't do it? Fine.

P.S. How would you IT guys feel if someone in an existing crapcan forum started a completely separate Improved Touring sub-forum within their forum? Wouldn't your first reaction be "why are they trying to fraction off IT-related discussion to a different place???" I certainly would.
    What was my point? Just going based on what you said and maybe, just maybe both Super Touring and ITEZ have their value. If it didn't get used, really not a big deal. I'm not pushing hard for this at all, but don't see the harm in it either.
    Dave Gran

Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Endurance racing
    ITEZ has been posted on the CC forum already. The PNW has also been talked about( ITJ.) Many cars can cross over.
    BTW I was banned from the forum there for posting the rules on my site. That has passed and The headdick/guy in charge has moved on.

Understand that many new racers have not heard of the SCCA at all . That is why we need to bait them with a crap can , ITEZ forum . The cars and people are not that dissimilar.
    Simple marketing- get hits -sell product/ generate interest.
    The highest priority of any website is to promote your product to new eyes. For that to happen in our case, is to expose our products to the other racers . To do this well in modern times, it has to generate google hits .Meta tags/ headings etc.
    More hits= better .
    Please go create your own CrapCan forum and leave this one alone.

BTW I was banned from the forum

Wait... You were banned from a forum. I can't imagine why.

You think a forum like this is going to create a mission statement???
    Dave Gran

I think Mike should visit the Brown Board to discuss crap can.

If you say it , mean it.

GA a said to move all of the ITEZ/Crapcan discussion to here. Hassle free, to get on with it. It will be the only place that we will tolerate crapcan discussion. OK , Im good with that.
    Now I get same 5 with 50K$ IT crap that are just harassing the low end guy.
    Please Get off and go wax your race car. You don't have to read it. I don't want your input, you have gained no respect.
    The biggest issue I have is with the mission statement. If it is not to promote IT racing and SCCA touring car racing, what is it?

Comments per above does not promote any of you, your racing venue, or offer a welcoming atmosphere to the casual observer.
    Try something new. Thanks. MM

Mission statement? Mission statement? We don't need no steenkin' MISSION STATEMENT!!!!

"Promotion" is not a good word for how I'd describe this forum. "Promotion" implies active work by someone trying to improve participation within something (like what you're doing with crapcan racing). I don't see that here. While some may have that as their agenda, I see this place as more of a common/paddock bullshit area where we can talk about all-things-IT.

I came from IT (and Showroom Stock). When Super Touring was made an official category - and especially when STL was an announced - I asked Mr Webmaster to create a sub-forum for a similar gathering place for ST-related topic, since ST had no other place already created on the Internet and I didn't want to have to bother with a new forum (I was already heading that direction with my Integra, though it was only a Regional class at the time). After that I found myself volunteered for the committee...

Crapcan may very well find someplace similar here in the future. But right now the guerrilla tactics of its (and street tire) proponents put off a lot of people. Notice that I never ever try to "promote" ST in lieu of participation in IT; I don't lure one from the other. In fact, I personal supported distinct regs changes - such as the weights of the 13B in STL inclusion of IT regs in STL - so as to not create an either/or situation and/or force a competitor to have to do one or the other.

In addition, crapcan already has places on the Internet. For us to create another one would be in direct contrast to the work those folks are already doing and would split the community.

We welcome crapcan into IT, and are now beginning to include them in our ranks, but we do not try to encourage them to give up prior allegiances, nor do we offer to change our regs to make them competitive.

There's distinct differences there that, once realized, will make co-existence a lot more tolerable.

- GA

If you say it , mean it.

GA a said to move all of the ITEZ/Crapcan discussion to here. Hassle free, to get on with it. It will be the only place that we will tolerate crapcan discussion. OK , Im good with that.
    Now I get same 5 with 50K$ IT crap that are just harassing the low end guy.
    Please Get off and go wax your race car. You don't have to read it. I don't want your input, you have gained no respect.
    The biggest issue I have is with the mission statement. If it is not to promote IT racing and SCCA touring car racing, what is it?

Comments per above does not promote any of you, your racing venue, or offer a welcoming atmosphere to the casual observer.
    Try something new. Thanks. MM
    Mike,

You have some great ideas and i appreciate your passion for the crap can racing and promoting it....... but trying to ram it down our throats on an IT forum is not the way to do it. Greg has volunteered to take on this site and make it better for us (IT racers). Stop hasseling him and everyone on this site who disagrees with you........ which seems to be just about everyone. This is an IT site.............
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Default don't forget the past lest you relive it in the future!

Consider that you should not brand as !HERETICS! those that speak of a cheap, entry level, attractive touring car racing on a kind of DOT approved tire (TW180?).

Some of you are in denial of whence you came from

And some of you display behavior a historian might consider to be the arrogance and effetism that was directed at improved touring at it's genesis.

Shame on you!!
    phil hunt