Thread: Street tires in IT? My Review

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    I have a difficult time believing that existing racers want to go out and replace all of their wheels. New people to the sport? That I'd buy much more so.
    I agree with Dave, people that want if for a performance gain (like myself)I would like it, if I was building something. However I have already spent a metric crap ton on 14x6 and 15x6 wheels to supply the car with a qualifying set, racing set, spare set, and rain set. Going to a 7" wheel when the current rule currently satisfyies everything.. just would put a thorn in my side. What it would do is create a bigger gap between top level teams and the mid pack.

Most of ITB/ITC runs on a 205 wheel anyways. This fits (both R comp and street tire) just nicely. There are a few of us (myself included) that run 225 R comps on 6" wheels.. not sure if a 225 street tire will fit on a 6" wheel. somebody would have to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post

Well, not really. The new cars would use an adjusted classification calculation. I can agree on the point where it's time for me to build a new engine this winter and not having to worry about the block would be nice. If I fell into one of those who still needed to, I can see how I'd fall into one of those who got screwed. Tough call.

I am in the boat of having to source a new block as of yesterday.. built it to the tilt the first time around.. lasted a few years. Unitl something changes the new motor will be built in a similiar fashion.. but not as extreme or as $$$. Cubic dollars for tenths of hp.. pointless.
    Last edited by quadzjr; 12-16-2013 at 10:06 AM.
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]