Following Andy's unlimited budget thinking.....last years NARRC Offs were a semi rain race. Started wet but I thought it would dry. But, it was COLD..and that happens often when it rains, as it's typical for it to rain in the cooler months.
My tire choices: Dirt Stockers (It was wet enough at the start)
or-- Hoosier R6 slicks.
Or hankooks "A" compound slicks

I chose the Hankooks. It was cold, remember?

For the first few laps, it was hairier than hairy. I went backwards. Around lap 6 or so, it was "equalized. By lap 9 I liked my call. But the dry line was inches wide in places. And if I was off line at the committed 'kinda dry' speed on slicks, it was going to be uuuugly.

At the end, I was way faster than they guy ahead of me, but, he had 30hp on me, so I couldn't pass him on the straights. And I sure couldn't (I tried) pass him off line in the corners, because it was still wet. It was like being on oiled ice. I was stuck behind him. We had some contact even as he'd slip coming out of corners when I had good drive.

So, My "cost no object" quiver would be Hoosier Rs, Hoosier As, but hand cut, and Dirt Stockers. (of course, now that I think of it, hand cutting wouldn't be kosher! Hmmm, maybe the Hoosier wets are as soft a compound? )

Andy and Shane had a hell of a race that day and Andy was on RA1s, IIRC.