Thread: Suspension Voodoo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Reading and learning alot. Have decided to run shaved Toyo RA1's for dry, Hoosier Hwet for wet. 500lb springs in front, 600 lb in the back. On order
    Currently looking at installing an adjustable larger sway bar in back. Of course
    none exist for my car so I will get components from Speedway Engineering and fab one up. Question is what type of bar, solid, hollow, diameter, I guess it all depends on what wheel rate you want. Is there anyway to determine an approximate wheel rate required for a car. I am not sure of the attachment points yet so arm length is not final. Do you have to use same attachment points? My current bar has arms only 6" long.
    Dan Deyo
    92 Acura Integra
    ITA #94

Quote Originally Posted by wepsbee View Post
    Reading and learning alot. Have decided to run shaved Toyo RA1's for dry, Hoosier Hwet for wet. 500lb springs in front, 600 lb in the back. On order
    Currently looking at installing an adjustable larger sway bar in back. Of course
    none exist for my car so I will get components from Speedway Engineering and fab one up. Question is what type of bar, solid, hollow, diameter, I guess it all depends on what wheel rate you want. Is there anyway to determine an approximate wheel rate required for a car. I am not sure of the attachment points yet so arm length is not final. Do you have to use same attachment points? My current bar has arms only 6" long.
    At only a difference of 100 lbs between front and rear you are going to need a BIG SOLID bar with long arms to make that FWD car fly.
    Jeremy Billiel

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Billiel View Post
    At only a difference of 100 lbs between front and rear you are going to need a BIG SOLID bar with long arms to make that FWD car fly.
    Ok sounds good.
    Dan Deyo
    92 Acura Integra
    ITA #94

Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Jeff,
    Yes I think this will fit but ti seems to be none adjustable and is not much bigger than the stock bar. I am working on Speedway Engineering bar.
    Thank
    Dan Deyo
    92 Acura Integra
    ITA #94