Thread: STL: No National Championship?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How many STU cars at runoffs the last couple years were DD-ing SMs?
    they just moved to STL this year instead..

an entry is an entry. If people want to pay their bucks and enter the class and race, it should count as an entry. (We still let SRX7s "race", right?)
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Quote Originally Posted by Matt93SE View Post
    . (We still let SRX7s "race", right?)
    Well this is not quite the same thing. The debate on the table is defining a 'quality' National Champion. If STL averages 10 cars a National and 9 of them are SM's...and come the Runoffs only the 5 'real' STL cars show up, was that successful or what was intended. For sure no.

Still have another year to build the ranks.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Isn't raising the 1.8 RWD weight to 2491# is going to "fix" the double dipping " issue " ?

Quote Originally Posted by TStiles View Post
    Isn't raising the 1.8 RWD weight to 2491# is going to "fix" the double dipping " issue " ?
    No, because they can still double dip at their respective spec weights from THEIR class.
    Bowie Gray
    ITA Miata

LOL - Should they only count the non-old-British-POS Production cars in National counts, too...? Not count the IT cars with the minimum changes to run in Prod...?

K

You mean like when Matt Reynolds brought his SM to an EP race and kicked everybody's ass in the rain?
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

This double dip Miata issue is a big one, glad I can sit on the sidelines and watch.
    SCCA National #s would be even more of a concern without 2 & 3 fer Miatas so they are valuable, more regions would be canceling National races w/o them. But they tend to prop up classes as stated....it's possible STU peaked last year now that the dd Miatas moved to STL (a better fit IMO).
    Agree with the concern about the feet on a Nat Champ race.....I'd love to go back and run for a Championship again but knowing that the majority of the cars I'd run against in the regular season are there to get added track time rather makes it less interesting to me....

LD71 .