Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bro View Post
So how do you know what option packages are on your spec line?
Monroney stickers, product brochures, research with owner's groups?

Care to offer us specifics on what you're trying to do? We might be able to help instead of talking generalities...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
I'm gonna respectfully disagree. The word "optional" does not appear in 9.1.3.D.8. You can, therefore, run an optional factory installed wing/spoiler/air dam, so long as it was not "limited production". But BTW, that last term is not defined anywhere in the GCR, so it's essentially meaningless, IMO.
I don't think we disagree.

The rule specifically states:
Dealer installed or limited production front/rear spoilers/air dams/wings are prohibited.
I'm reasonably confident that the purpose of the rule was to disallow factory aftermarket (dealer aftermarket) body kits such as what the first-gen RX-7 had that was very popular. That car had a full body kit (front air dam, side skirts, rear spoiler) available as an option from the dealer (it was never installed at the factory), and it was also sold through dealers afterward as an accessory kit.

I'm also confident it was NOT intended to disallow (intentional double negative there) items that were able to be checked off on the car order sheet; in other words, it does allow option codes like the second-gen RX7s GTU spoiler (and MANDATES use of rear spoilers that were not optional, like the ITS Acura GS-R's and the ITA Toyota MR-2's.)

And, the rules also allow installation of the above spoilers on a sister car if at least one of the models on your spec line had it.

Si?